+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better than Fluke 179?

Post Likes

Better than Fluke 179?

Anyone out there own a 179 and have upgraded/downgraded because they weren't happy it? The 179 is an accurate measuring tool but I find working with the 179's display to be annoying. If you've tried or own a Fieldepiece hs36 or sc77 and loved the clear display then you know what I mean. Leaving Fluke is not an option for me. Can't give up the accuracy Fluke brings to the table.

Post Likes
    The 116, but u would have to rip my 179 from my cold dead hands!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R&J-R View Post
    Anyone out there own a 179 and have upgraded/downgraded because they weren't happy it? The 179 is an accurate measuring tool but I find working with the 179's display to be annoying. If you've tried or own a Fieldepiece hs36 or sc77 and loved the clear display then you know what I mean. Leaving Fluke is not an option for me. Can't give up the accuracy Fluke brings to the table.
    I have had a 179 for several years. Not sure what you mean by the display as I have never had a Fieldpiece and probably never will. The 179 has been dropped,in rain,snow,mud,oil,grease and never had an issue. In fact I just had it calibrated several months ago which turned out to be a waste of money.
    I bought a 233 when they came out and really like it but the 179 is the workhorse.

Post Likes
    While I'm hop scotching it probably looks like a new dance craze trying to keep eye level with the meter. It's that or continually grab the meter and relocate it.

Would be awesome if the display is not suppose to work as I described and send it in for service. Though it's been like that since purchasing the meter.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by JBM1000 View Post
    The 116, but u would have to rip my 179 from my cold dead hands!
    I know what you mean. Wish there was a custom shop that sold/installed upgraded displays.

Post Likes
    I love my 179....i probably need to send it in for calibration. Bought it for the milli amp function for the vfds i work on and have a clamp for it for amps...i've got a bag of accessories....i upgraded from the 902....i like it because already had clamp on amp probe built in

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by R&J-R View Post
    While I'm hop scotching it probably looks like a new dance craze trying to keep eye level with the meter. It's that or continually grab the meter and relocate it.

Would be awesome if the display is not suppose to work as I described and send it in for service. Though it's been like that since purchasing the meter.
    Hmm I don't know what to say about that as I have not seen this. I have several other Fluke meters and scopes and have not noticed any of this on them.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in