Metasys Point Configuration to Multiple Device

Hi guys,

I was setting up points for power meters in a NAE, it was my first time on the platform and had to add all the points list individually per power meters. i was wondering, is there a way where i can just configure all the point on one power meter and use the points to the rest without having to individually add them one by one?

2444 Washington Blvd, Suite 100 Ogden, UT
    You will need to validate this idea. But, if these are N2 devices you might try setting up a .prn format file then importing it as a resource file for the device. .prn is one of the configuration files that are generated by HVAC Pro for N2 Open devices. Possibly someone else has ideas if they are MS/TP devices or LON devices.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.

SCT. Copy and paste.

Hi guys,

thanks for the reply.. Yup, after more hours familiarizing my self with the platform, i found out that a simple copy and paste is the answer as mentioned also by kontrolthis. Thanks guys

Turns out that NAE built-in user interface doesn't have a copy paste command unlike the SCT.. adding points have to be individually done. I haven't tried Steves4 suggestion as i am not familiar with what he is saying. will try it once i am more adept with the platform.

2444 Washington Blvd, Suite 100 Ogden, UT
    Quote Originally Posted by jh0s3ph View Post
    Turns out that NAE built-in user interface doesn't have a copy paste command unlike the SCT.. adding points have to be individually done. I haven't tried Steves4 suggestion as i am not familiar with what he is saying. will try it once i am more adept with the platform.
    FYI - .prn was the extension assigned to one of the configuration files generated by HVAC Pro for N2 Open devices. It contains all the points and attributes for a device.
    Steve Jones
    Managing Partner
    The S4 Group, Inc.