Emerson/CPC E2 Controller

Good evening. This site might be the best thing that could have happened to me. Glad I found it. An electrician by trade, I have joined a rapidly growing convenience retailer's facilities department whose buildings are a hot mess as far as HVAC and refrigeration. As part of the "new regime" I have to make recommendations get this under control.

Why can't I find a contractor that seems even somewhat well versed with an Emerson/CPC Einstein 2 (E2) Controller? Is this thing that complicated, uncommon, a piece of junk? Should I vet something new? I hear, "Its an Emerson issue" far more than I should...or do I?

I like the idea of a more complete building controller--lighting controls, flex combiners. Hell, I can wire this E2 to a carwash and pull data on gantry function, fan speed, you name it--but if my HVAC guys can't work with it at 11 PM on Saturday night, why should I have it? (Although somebody knows how to delete and/or bypass applications...and it isn't me.)

We've dropped several contractors--good sized outfits with some hard workers--because they are helpless with this controller. The problems are mainly with service, new builds usually go fine.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by swhatIdo View Post
    Good evening. This site might be the best thing that could have happened to me. Glad I found it. An electrician by trade, I have joined a rapidly growing convenience retailer's facilities department whose buildings are a hot mess as far as HVAC and refrigeration. As part of the "new regime" I have to make recommendations get this under control.

Why can't I find a contractor that seems even somewhat well versed with an Emerson/CPC Einstein 2 (E2) Controller? Is this thing that complicated, uncommon, a piece of junk? Should I vet something new? I hear, "Its an Emerson issue" far more than I should...or do I?

I like the idea of a more complete building controller--lighting controls, flex combiners. Hell, I can wire this E2 to a carwash and pull data on gantry function, fan speed, you name it--but if my HVAC guys can't work with it at 11 PM on Saturday night, why should I have it? (Although somebody knows how to delete and/or bypass applications...and it isn't me.)

We've dropped several contractors--good sized outfits with some hard workers--because they are helpless with this controller. The problems are mainly with service, new builds usually go fine.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
    The E2 is a tricky beast sometimes, but it is certainly serviceable.

What is your location? Look around for a contractor that specializes in supermarkets. That is where E2 is most common.

Thanks! I have taken your advice as I have a contact who is the regional Energy Manager for a major grocery chain. And they just started overlaying the E2 onto the I/O network of another system. I already have meetings set up with 2 contractors, one of which actually made the suggestion that this company switch to the E2. sounds promising.

I do have one small outfit that knows the E2, but he covers a territory that's out in the hinterlands and just doesnt have the manpower to take on our metro locations. I do well in triaging alarms and dispatching techs, but I was starting to feel guily over calling this guy too often for walkthroughs on work he wasn't getting paid for.

Thanks again.

dinos2560

This is the Ask Our Pro's forum. In order to post a response here, you must have verified qualifications and have been approved by the AOP Committee. You may ask a question by starting a new thread.

You can find the rules for posting and qualifications here.

Additional infractions may result in loss of posting privileges.

Your post has been deleted.