She's effed up, big time.
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me! ©

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by James 3528
    Looks like we have a industry feeding them pills and sometimes the pills work a different way with different people. Then we have the ones on the streets with no medication.

This is an attitude I never expected from James. But I totally agree.

We are a totally over medicated society. They had my father on 16 different medicines at one time before he eventually died anyway. He saw little green creatures walking around his room. He had a sound mind so this was all medically induced.

Every other commerical on TV is for some sort of medication. "If you fart, ask your doctor, we have these pills for you!"

We are not allowed to drink or smoke anymore. With all that extra cash laying around we have to spend it on something that makes us feel good. "Ask your Doctor."
    What do you mean? Never expected it? I have lived with a woman who had a pill distributor quack doctor on speed dial. I have said that a hundred times here. Her parents were 60's hippies that thought counselors and prescriptions were the answers to all life's problems. I was unsuspecting of him for a while until I discovered that the doctor was the other half of the problem. What we are seeing with Mrs. Yates is a the problem you and I are aware of gone bad. She probably would want to be put to death ,to be put out of her misery. The question is, are we a society that will put to death the mentally ill, retarded and handicapped? Just think of all the nice parking spaces we could get if we got rid of those people like Hitler tried to.

I say, lock up the mentally ill and get rid of some of the lawyers and doctors that shove pills at people.

Quote by James "What do you mean? Never expected it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

You know : KKK, Col. Sanders and all that southern stuff.

uuumm no. I don't.

My X was from up there. Probably explains it best.

Originally posted by ct_hvac_tech

Granted, this is how it is with any kids, but WHY in the days of birth control, do you need to have 5 kids?

I know a guy with 5 kids. His wife still looks like
    and every time she gets pregnant all of us "Dirty old men" say "Can ya blame him????"

Shes what ya call a "Hello Mother, want another?"
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

The saddest part of the whole story is that she was hospitalized before she ended up taking the life of her children. The doctor let her out becuase the husband decided it would be fine. Then "they" decided that they should have another child.
    I am not saying she should be let off, but I also think the husband has some responsibility in this also. I think that it is very sad that it came down to all of this.
    I agree that I wouldn't want to judge her because I haven't spent anytime in her shoes.

Originally posted by christinamurray
    The saddest part of the whole story is that she was hospitalized before she ended up taking the life of her children. The doctor let her out becuase the husband decided it would be fine. Then "they" decided that they should have another child.
    I am not saying she should be let off, but I also think the husband has some responsibility in this also. I think that it is very sad that it came down to all of this.
    I agree that I wouldn't want to judge her because I haven't spent anytime in her shoes.
    I agree. He even may have sent her over the edge but the law will not touch him when she methodically took each child and killed it.

It even looks like now she has been made to take medication. The type medication for the voices in the head tends to make one swell up.

Originally posted by boudreaux06
    Let me ask this, if that was your wife, and she MURDERED your children, would you want her to be set free?

I can honestly say no, death penalty all the way.
    The day my son was born he became what I live for and when my daughter was added it doubled
    I think I can honestly say that if anyone including their own mother ever hurt them in a way they could not recover from I would take it upon myself to be the judge jury and executioner

I would gladly sit in jail or on death row so my children would not have to suffer or die at a young age

Originally posted by christinamurray
    I agree. He even may have sent her over the edge but the law will not touch him when she methodically took each child and killed it.

It even looks like now she has been made to take medication. The type medication for the voices in the head tends to make one swell up.
    The law will not touch him? That's funny considering she killed them and gets away with it. As far as I know someone telling you to do something, daring you to do something, or driving you to do something still doesn't mean your not guilty.

doesn't mean your not guilty.

The unique thing about our criminal justice system which at times I am not proud of, is that you usually are tried to determine guilt. He wasn't charged. He wasn't tried.

There is no doubt that she is guilty of killing her children. The mechanical act of the killing is quite clear. What is not so easy to determine is the motivation for the killing.

If this woman smothered her children to keep a monster from hearing their breathing and doing harm to them, should she be convicted? Well; if this woman saw herself as a demon, she could very well have been attempting to "save" her children is some bizarre way of thinking.

None of us gets out of this mortal world alive. In essence, murderers are not the cause of anyones death as much as the means to that persons dying. Since we are all going to physically die, how much difference is it as to when and how?

Don't mean to get so philosophycal, but the point is that this woman is being judged in a manner that far exceeds mortal judgement. As she becomes more mentally stable, she will be judging herself a lot harder then any other mortal could.

While the husband may not have commited an illegal crime, this should make us stop and think about the power that ones actions can have on another. I have been in situations where I have felt no other way out then to do something that afterward seemed to be way overblown. The emotional state at the moment is what dictates what is reality to each of us. Hopefully, most of us will never be put into such a desperately hopeless situation that we feel the need to take desperately horrible actions.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Re: doesn't mean your not guilty.

The unique thing about our criminal justice system which at times I am not proud of, is that you usually are tried to determine guilt. He wasn't charged. He wasn't tried.
    The point I was trying to make is why would they charge him with anything when they don't even punish the one that actually committed the crime. I'm all for finding out if he is to blame for her actions but not until she is executed for what she did. Until then I see no need to put blame on someone else.

Robo you have tried that line before with me. Tell me when your time comes if really doesn't matter when or how. It may not matter after your dead but it sure does until that time. This was murder and to me the worst kind, kids. Put the blame on someone else, sounds like an easy way out to me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast