Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Makes Me Sick

They need to make sure she is sterylized if she is ever to get out.

They need to put her husband on trial.

HE was partiaqlly responsible for her doing this.

He expected her to home school every single one of those children, along with many other things, AS WELL AS all of the other things a mother has to do. It's no wonder she went crazy.

Don't get mne wrong, I'm not making excuses for the woman, and yes, it was very tragic.

But there had to be SOME sign of her instability LONG before this ever happened. Enough to the point where if I was her husband, I would not want to leave her alone for long periods of time with all of those kids.

First of all, I can't imagine having 5 kids. I used to live with my sister who has 4 kids, and I thought that her having 4 was too many. There was never a quiet moment in the house, and STILL isn't, to this day.

There is always an argumant going on with someone, hell, my sister could not even talk on the phone for 5 minutes without someone comming in and saying "Mommy! Can I have a snack?" or "Mommy! He just hit me!"

Dinner time was like an assembly line. By the time you got the last plate filled, someone wanted seconds, someone spilled a drink all over the table, or there was an argument that had to get broken up.

Granted, this is how it is with any kids, but WHY in the days of birth control, do you need to have 5 kids? I can not imagine what the stress level in that home was like on any given day.

And all this goiong on, and her husband was probably not doing much to help her at all. I don't know this for a fact, but judging by many guys I have known all my life, he probably just came home and sat back in his chair with the remote control for the evening.

My folks only had 3 kids, and this is how it was when I was growing up. My dad would come home, and just sit in front of the TV. My mother did it all. Granted, I love my dad to death, but I knew many other dads growing up that did things around the house such as laundry, dishes or taking out trash.

In the case of the Yates, if daddy was just sitting around and she was doing it all, I can imagine why she went overboard. Just the thought of home schooling 5 kids, of all different ages at that, makes me cringe. I sure couldn't do it. But he sure expected her to.

I agree with workhorse. Sterilize her. If she is that unstable, she doesn't need to have any more.

I don't think she should have to spend the rest of her life in a hard core prison, but on the other hand, I don't think she needs to just walk back out into the free world either. At least not any time soon. She needs to be in a mental hospital somewhere.

Of course, if Texas is like most other states, their mental hospitals were probably shut down years ago.

Anyway, I think they should sterilize her husband right along with her.

I have 4 kids I don't care what excuse you come up with she is guilty and no one forced her.

The seemingly heartless comment would be from Bill Cosby; she brought them into the world, she can take them out.

Of course I don't believe in that atitude, but it should give us pause about her mental condition. This was the childrens mother. I would have to believe that she was suffering a severe mental illness to kill her children.

If this woman is ever able to straighten herself out mentally, she will most likely be in torment over her actions till her dying day.

NO way do I want to judge this woman.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Her day of judgement will come...

Originally posted by Senior Tech
    Her day of judgement will come...
    You ST, I know what you mean. But the problem I have with that is if you believe that way (and I do) you can ask for forgiveness and it will be ok. That is one thing I could just never agree with. Those children will never experience life and yet in the end (if she repents) she'll be ok. Just my 2 cents

Their is no question about it. She is mentally ill. If you don't understand mental illness then you would be quick to wish her dead and that is probably the best solution for her and what she is living with but does a society do that? Iran and China probably would.

The question is that....What do we do with people like this? There are many that have not killed that maybe will.

Looks like we have a industry feeding them pills and sometimes the pills work a different way with different people. Then we have the ones on the streets with no medication.

Looks like as a country we do very little with them. Lawyers and politicians have gotten it to where they are walking the streets when they should be monitored or locked up.

Originally posted by James 3528
    Looks like we have a industry feeding them pills and sometimes the pills work a different way with different people. Then we have the ones on the streets with no medication.

This is an attitude I never expected from James. But I totally agree.

We are a totally over medicated society. They had my father on 16 different medicines at one time before he eventually died anyway. He saw little green creatures walking around his room. He had a sound mind so this was all medically induced.

Every other commerical on TV is for some sort of medication. "If you fart, ask your doctor, we have these pills for you!"

We are not allowed to drink or smoke anymore. With all that extra cash laying around we have to spend it on something that makes us feel good. "Ask your Doctor."

[QUOTE]Originally posted by James 3528
    [B]Their is no question about it. She is mentally ill. If you don't understand mental illness then you would be quick to wish her dead and that is probably the best solution for her and what she is living with but does a society do that? Iran and China probably would.

The question is that....What do we do with people like this? There are many that have not killed that maybe will.

__________________________________________________ _________

I am all for helping those that need help before they kill but not after. This woman will be free in the future like nothing happened and there are 5 little helpless kids that were drowned by the person that should have loved them more than anyone. I don't give a rats ass about her or her mental state because I can't get over the thoughts of the other kids watching when she started drowning them. We are going to have to start holding people accountable for their actions regardless of any excuses.

Insane or not she should be put to death by drowning!
    She killed 4 kids she should die!

Now as for having no piece and quiet in the house when you have kids and 4 being too many, well I have 2 but in the summer there are as many as 7 or 8 that stay here for weeks at a time
    My kids are very well behaved and so are the guests (even though most of the guests are little brats at home)
    Here is the difference I HIT MY KIDS WHEN THEY NEED IT I don’t hurt them but a paddle to the but will make them think twice even if it does not hurt physically

Now I have not had to use my paddle in over a year and a half and maybe 3 times in the 2 years before that

Now my kids are 8 and 11 and when they screw up they get punished
    I don’t believe in groundings it doesn’t work I don’t believe in time outs that doesn’t work either but I tell you what if they start fighting and have to do pushups or stack firewood for a while that works

So for anyone who has kids and cant control them well its not the kids faults its time to look in the mirror

And as far as her husband being charged well I can’t see how you could make that correlation now I don’t know all the facts but from what I see she is the one that needs cement shoes in an 8’ pool

Originally posted by dhvac
    Insane or not she should be put to death by drowning!
    She killed 4 kids she should die!

Now as for having no piece and quiet in the house when you have kids and 4 being too many, well I have 2 but in the summer there are as many as 7 or 8 that stay here for weeks at a time
    My kids are very well behaved and so are the guests (even though most of the guests are little brats at home)
    Here is the difference I HIT MY KIDS WHEN THEY NEED IT I don’t hurt them but a paddle to the but will make them think twice even if it does not hurt physically

Now I have not had to use my paddle in over a year and a half and maybe 3 times in the 2 years before that

Now my kids are 8 and 11 and when they screw up they get punished
    I don’t believe in groundings it doesn’t work I don’t believe in time outs that doesn’t work either but I tell you what if they start fighting and have to do pushups or stack firewood for a while that works

So for anyone who has kids and cant control them well its not the kids faults its time to look in the mirror

And as far as her husband being charged well I can’t see how you could make that correlation now I don’t know all the facts but from what I see she is the one that needs cement shoes in an 8’ pool
    All I can say to that is, Amen. I can not understand parents not taking responsibility for their actions.

Let me ask this, if that was your wife, and she MURDERED your children, would you want her to be set free?

I can honestly say no, death penalty all the way.

Originally posted by benncool
    Originally posted by James 3528

This is an attitude I never expected from James. But I totally agree.

We are a totally over medicated society. They had my father on 16 different medicines at one time before he eventually died anyway. He saw little green creatures walking around his room. He had a sound mind so this was all medically induced.

Every other commerical on TV is for some sort of medication. "If you fart, ask your doctor, we have these pills for you!"

We are not allowed to drink or smoke anymore. With all that extra cash laying around we have to spend it on something that makes us feel good. "Ask your Doctor."
    We have become a drug dependent society. "Hey doc, the Mavs just lost the NBA finals, and you know, my bills are piling up, I am so upset. Can you give me some happy pills?" Or worse yet, "Doctor X, my child is not behaving, can you put him on that Ridlin medicine, so he can walk around like a comatosed zombie all day?"

What's next, you have to change the baby's diaper 8 times a day, so heres some medication to make it where you only change it 3 times a day?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast