Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Digital Manifold gauges

I posted a question about the use of sealants with some really good feedback.
    I'm wondering what people think of the digital gauges vs standard. We are using the Feildpiece Sman3. The blue clamps break every now and then and I had a clog in one of them. Besides that, they seem decent.

Post Likes
    I use my SMANs everyday i have had all of them i currently have the sman460 i have had to send all of them back at one point or another. For repair

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have an SMAN3 that I used for about a month before the high side started reading 9.9 psi and no matter what I do to calibrate it.. atmospheric or test pressure, it goes back to 9.9 psi. I've contacted fieldpiece and they sent me info to send it in for repair but I haven't sent it in yet.. I'll just stick to the standard manifold

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I personally love my Testos. I've got the 4 valve manifold with clamps and they work great. Temps stay in sync with all my other meters within 2 to 3 degrees and the pressures are right on with my analogs. This manifold is also pretty tough. Been abused quite a bit on my truck

Post Likes
    Also I've been using my analogs for the past year and a half while my Testos sat collecting dust. 1.5 years later I decided to pull them out and they fired right up and worked perfectly after working the valves some

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I'v been using the Digi-Cool gauges for years, only complaint is the temperature sensors wear out way before the gauges.

Post Likes
    Actually been thinking of trading the testos in for a sman460 just so I can sync up with my other fp stuff.

Post Likes
    Only thing I worry about is some of my fp stuff is built kinda cheaply and has failed over the years while all my testo gear is still solid.

Post Likes
    Got a set of Appion PT gauges on Friday - real happy with them. Very accurate, and the app is pretty user friendly and customizable. I was so impressed I just ordered a second set. So now my Testo's will be the back ups. And the analogs will be the back ups for the back ups.

The temperature clamps are very nice with these also. With the Testos I had to order a separate sensor for larger lines (over 1.25 or so) - but the appions fit onto a 1.5" line no problem, but the sensors themselves can easily be removed from the clamp and attached to a large line if needed with the velcro that comes in the kit.

Highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Do you use a manifold with em or just use them as single guages

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by probtu View Post
    Do you use a manifold with em or just use them as single guages

You can do either. I use them as stubbies, and made a little kit with short ball valve hoses (6") the same ones used to add a low loss ball valve to a normal hose, this way if there is an obstacle, I can put the gauge on the short hose that allows for flex.

I work on larger units frequently so having the liquid line and suction line 15 ft apart or more is not uncommon, so the stubby concept works better for me.and i can also close doors on RTU for example and not effect the condenser. Works well for checking oil pressure also, as its much less messy when removing the gauge.

If I did primarily resi- Id probably just put them on a manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Anyone ever have a problem pressure testing with digital gauges? Ive had the 550s for years and they work great for charging and checking operating pressures but it seems they are almost too sensitive when it comes to pressure testing with nitrogen. They have driven me crazy thinking I had a leak when I put my analogs on the needle did not move. The systems I have pressure tested that my testos appeared to be showing a leak are all operational without issue years later. Maybe just residual refrigerant altering the pressures? Anyone else have this issue?

Post Likes
    your gauges probably leak. not uncommon for digital.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast