Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 40 to 51 of 51
  1. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Carrier had a similar problem. They had issues with driers clogging on 410 systems, luckily they were using standard coils.

    You probably have a case of poor workmanship at the factory. The system may have been open for a while during assy.

    The poe oil probably coagulated and is blocking the condenser.

    The only way for pressure to climb that fast is from a discharge blockage.

    If you have a port on the liquid line and one on the discharge, I would be looking at the pressure difference between the two. They should be within 10 psi from one another.

    If there is no liquid port, I'd add one.

    My hunch says you will be replacing the condenser coil.
    You gonna have a high pressure drop across a MCHX than 10psi.
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  2. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardThenDie View Post
    update.. need advice..
    i cut open lines ... replaced filter dryer...
    same problem ..
    how can i be sire the coil is clogged.. i didnt seem to have any problem getting nitrogen thru..
    so i think the compressor has the problem , but im not sur and all the windings ohm out within .1-.2..
    but is hard to believe that clog is in so many of the take offs from the headers are bad enough to shut this thing down in a matter of seconds.
    and trane is really pissing me off.. they wont send anyone down to check out a unit thats not even a year in its warrenty..
    i dont want this to be all on me and my boss ..
    has anyone ran into anything like this?
    put unit back to gether and put in vac weigh in charge and take amps if it 3ph switch two wire ,if it is a scrolll comp you will have to make sure you do not leave like that . if it is stuck it might unstick but look at or lra on comp is it locked . is this a 460 v unit some times the winding can be breaking down and when it starts it goes to ground but after it it stops the ground goes away 'the first time i found one it was confusing .

  3. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardThenDie View Post
    .... women in office complaing its only at 75 when we want 72........
    ITS 101 OUTSIDE! TAKE OFF YOUR PANTSUIT FATTIE!
    lol....

  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    107

    update

    so trane finally tells me.."oh yeah... we sorta have this problem, we have this chemical you put in... blahbpah"
    its a uazardous chemical... no biggie... just please leave me with instruction from someone as to how to inject into system ...
    so boss was supposed to pick it up for me so i can go work for him tomorrow..4th o july..
    he didnt.. so they left it for me took get after hours.. prob no instruction.. anyone know anything about this?

    if not thanks anyway.. ill update tomorrow and tell you if this saga shall continue.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East coast USA
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Carrier had a similar problem. They had issues with driers clogging on 410 systems, luckily they were using standard coils.

    You probably have a case of poor workmanship at the factory. The system may have been open for a while during assy.
    .
    dude, that's what i had on a brand spanking new Carrier 12.5 ton, second stage. changed the drier and still had an issue. Call Carrier they sent another drier. the next step was the TXV. But the second drier worked..

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardThenDie View Post
    so trane finally tells me.."oh yeah... we sorta have this problem, we have this chemical you put in... blahbpah"
    its a uazardous chemical... no biggie... just please leave me with instruction from someone as to how to inject into system ...
    so boss was supposed to pick it up for me so i can go work for him tomorrow..4th o july..
    he didnt.. so they left it for me took get after hours.. prob no instruction.. anyone know anything about this?

    if not thanks anyway.. ill update tomorrow and tell you if this saga shall continue.
    Wtf a special chemical to make a unit run correctly? Did they try to sell you a flux cap?
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

  7. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Pa
    Posts
    18,260
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas Duster View Post
    Wtf a special chemical to make a unit run correctly? Did they try to sell you a flux cap?
    Anyone like to guess that they are having a POE/acid issue, and the magic chemical is an alkali to neutralize the PH?

    That's my guess.
    [Avatar photo from a Florida training accident. Everyone walked away.]
    2 Tim 3:16-17

    RSES CMS, HVAC Electrical Specialist

    AOP Forum Rules:







  8. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    So. Fl.
    Posts
    57
    Bklyntek here, could it be that refrigerant broke down and separated, during factory charge? According to the post responses it's not an isolated occuresence, tell your boss about this carrier product: you can submerge on ice and it helps keep refrigerant liquid after it goes through recovery unit. Looks like one of those mini fosters keg's. I'm sure it can help, keep the gas from fracturing.

  9. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    jersey
    Posts
    107
    7 am.... got sick from food lastnight.. wandering around shop looking for oil injector... happy 4th.

  10. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East coast USA
    Posts
    961
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHardThenDie View Post
    7 am.... got sick from food lastnight.. wandering around shop looking for oil injector... happy 4th.
    dude, take some Ex-lax its easier and less messy... hope you feel better!

  11. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    40
    Spoke with a mechanic this morning who had a similar problem. The "Magic" liquid ( he would have sworn it was carb cleaner) did the trick.

  12. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Dallas ,Texas
    Posts
    3,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke XI View Post
    Spoke with a mechanic this morning who had a similar problem. The "Magic" liquid ( he would have sworn it was carb cleaner) did the trick.
    Atre we talking about the problem with the Trane unit or his messed up stomache?
    UA 100

    It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event