Threaded View

Trane Voyager rooftop poopie

Heyo..
    im working on brand new rooftop.. first stage cooling well.. when i installed system i ran unit thru test mode ..ll was well.. now i think it has been finally put in 2nd stage for the first time other than startup.. RESTRICTION .. compressor ****s off so fast , i cant test for clog by temp..hopefully its in L.L dryer .. cause otherwise.........
    So anyway.. now trane wants me to put in a retro kit that has a txv....but thats changing he coil .. something i want to avoid...at all possible.
    Im on the fone with trane the day after ... and guess what .. units out again . ( at least thats the call i got.. i took coil contacts off the 2nd stage so it wouldnt kick the breakers aanymore) now im onmy way back down there..
    that ws more a lil venting.. my question is related o my control systen.. i have trane rover 4.2.. with that varitrac touch screen controller.. when im trying to test it out i cant find anyway to start system in 2nd stage... anyone know ?how?? . other than starting it and dropping all the zone sensors very low..?? thanks
    Last edited by WorkHardThenDie; 06-21-2012 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typing on my fone