New to the forum

New to the forum

Hi ive been in the industry since 2007. I work for a commercial/industrial hvac and refrigeration company in tx. Ive worked on med and low temp coolers, a/c, chillers, towers, boilers, building automation, vfds..i went to a vocational school but learned all of what i know from experience, other techs, and google..im constantly looking to better myself for me because i will be getting my license soon since ive gone about as far as i can in my current company.

what license are u going to get? im in trade school and looking to better my self any advise

Contractors license. Im nate certified and that is a great cert to get as far as license go at least for some companies. An epa is all you need. They take ya the rest of the way

I have my universal EPA and have like a year to go in trade school the school also offers free Nate training classes but tells us to get employed first then to do NATE after a year or so of exp but other students have told me to try and do it right after while the book is still in my head what do you think and Nate certification is only good for 5 years do you have to retest or just renew

I'd do it while in school thats what i did. And yes you do have to do continuing education to keep cert current but it's an ungodly amount. Breaks down to be 12 hrs a yr...who has time for that. My cert expires this yr. so it's cheaper and in some ways better to just retest. Kinda keeps the info fresh.