"Leak Sealant" - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Leak Sealant"

Cliplight. Total 2 works great i put 200 cans in last year and on track for 300-400 this year. We put them in as a preventative in r22 units also to prevent unessasary coolant loss. So far only had 3 problems with old screens stopping up out of 200+ cans since last year. That is ok for me !

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum19 View Post
    Cliplight. Total 2 works great i put 200 cans in last year and on track for 300-400 this year. We put them in as a preventative in r22 units also to prevent unessasary coolant loss. So far only had 3 problems with old screens stopping up out of 200+ cans since last year. That is ok for me !
    Whats your commision per can?

The only one I trust when I have to use one is the Nu-Calgon AC easy seal. Its works wonders on slooooow leaks.. Havent clogged one filter/dryer, or evap yet and it can be put in with the suction at or below 50 psi in about a minute. I havent used 200 yet, and it will take me a looooong time to get to that number, but I have been known to use them here and there.

I have been with the Boss that sells this to the customer..probably 6 times..within a couple day's 3 have had locked compressors..so its a 50/50...

No commission just chosen by clients.

i have used this stuff 4 different times with complete success. 3 times i could not find the leak after searching high and low. i put it in after 250 lbs of nitro and tracer r22 showed nothing. the 4th time was on a 22 year old rtu that the gm wanted to "get one more year" out of this unit without spending too much for the repair. all worked fine for me. actually the rtu is on its 3rd summer with no leaks. the way i approach it is i tell the customer the pros and cons and tell them there is no guarantee that it will hold. show them the reviews online if you like. i dont look at this as dishonesty, i look at it as offering the customer options.

It just seems like a pain to deal with the stuff I have not even mentioned it to any of my customers because even if I put it in to get them by for now eventually myself or someone else will have to recover the charge (if the stuff holds) and I do not want that stuff in my equipment, so I choose to repair any leak I can, and for those I cant I inform the customer it is wise to replace the evap. or the whole system depending on age and condition. I appreciate all of the info on the stuff. I thought if I was to ever try it I would pick up a window shaker someone doesnt want and see how well it works.

I used it one time. Installed per manufactures instructions. In 3 days the compressor was locked up-never again.

The old type had some issues but since they added the dry R to it i have not had any compressor failures.

And you can not say that one can is an accurate test. Once you put in a hiegher volume you see the failure rate at a very small percent

I don't have a problem using ac leak freeze on a system that is old enough that the cost of a leak search and any repair costs don't make sense. If its 10 yrs old or more, is it really a good idea to put x amount of dollars into finding a leak and repairing it? Sometimes, but not every time. Ac leak freeze is an affordable alternative on older systems before replacing the system.

On systems less than 10 yrs old, I would recommend finding the leak every time. I would think this would lead to higher service revenue than just dropping in a leak sealant. If the system is too new to be looking at replacing, the leak needs to be found and fixed, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BRnGT View Post
    I have been with the Boss that sells this to the customer..probably 6 times..within a couple day's 3 have had locked compressors..so its a 50/50...
    Did you diagnose why the compressors were locked up? I'm not saying it wasn't caused by something added to the system, but I think it's a good idea to be positive that the leak sealant was the cause. If you are putting leak sealant in older systems, there is a possibility the compressor may be on its way out.

Good point Gerber!

Also my options with sealer also include options with kick starts added which will help keep compressors that are one there way out from failing right away.

My boss would have my rear if I put Fix a Flat in a customers equipment. Use a Leak sniffer and re braze it or replace it, fix it right now or fix it right later. I'd rather fix it the right way now, and not have to come back out at 11pm unpaid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast