Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Likes
    May have signed up a year ago forgot login and just made a new one.

Post Likes
    I second garyed, unless you ignored a checklist provided by the company they shouldn't fault you.

"If we replaced everything that looked iffy then there would be a lot more replacements going on"

I don't think that's a bad thing. Is it better to have a $6 cap go out on a saturday night and you're eating the warranty call?

AJ
    Advertising your company in post is not allowed.
    Last edited by beenthere; 07-01-2012 at 12:30 PM. Reason: removed link to his company

Post Likes
    AJ1534 Only Pro members may have links to their companies website, and then only in their sigs.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Stohr View Post
    May have signed up a year ago forgot login and just made a new one.
    Might want to notify admin. The email address of both accounts is identical, except for the host. Multiply registrations are not allowed.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBacardi View Post

i also believe only a fool puts a new cap...or contactors in a 10 yo unit....

at ten yrs old the system is done and out of warranty....

why put a new crate engine in a 15 yo car????? stoopid???? yes\\\\\\\\\\\\1111
    Comparing a capacitor or a contactor to an engine is stupid its more like a belt or an alternator no reason to junk a unit for those items being bad.

Now a Compressor is the engine of the unit and that I would not replace

Post Likes
    I check caps on anything over 5 yrs old,unless we are not very busy,then I will take the time to check all caps,yes I know most of you will say check them all,I have only found 4 weak caps this summer so far.by the way most of the time I don't ask the customer if they want to replace it,I just put on a new one and give them the bill,they called me to fix it and I do.now if the repair they need is over 400 bucks then I talk to them first,or if they are low on freon then I talk to them about a leak check,which could get very costly.

Post Likes
    caps pop when the wanna. since last thursday it's been over 100+. A cap that was good on wednesday can swell up and let go just like that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456