Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

[b]Callback.. you tell me?[/b]

Did a tune up about 23 days ago. Unit was running fine, cap looked old but unit was running fine. Tonight tech calls me and tells me got called out for a cap. Should that count as a callback?

No

Yeah, that's what I was assuming. I just started working for this company and i'm trying to keep my reputation good, and callbacks down to a minimum. If that counts as a callback.. well.. that just sucks..

We would count it as a callback.

yeah. I guess from now on caps will get special attention on tune-ups. The thing is even if it's visually a turd do you think a customer is going to want to change it? We charge somewhere between $$$ dollars for a cap depending on the mF rating. I just can't see it. But I guess so
    Last edited by jpsmith1cm; 06-20-2012 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Pricing

Did you test old cap?
    I am an experienced, caring, trusted, service provider who solves my customers issues beyond there expectations by educating them and guiding them with value-building options to make excellent buying decisions while building security and wealth for my company, myself and my family.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post
    We would count it as a callback.

Did you measure its capacitance when you did the tune up, and if so, were they within specs?

If you tested the caps mfd and showed OK, then it shouldnt be a callback. Always test and right it on your service slip

You could test a cap today and it could blow tomorrow.
    I'll be there when I get there and not a minute later

I don't see a reason to test caps on a tune-up honestly I just visually inspect them. Half the time even if the cap isnt putting out its rated mfds the customer won't be willing to change it. Even when it's explained to them. usually get a response that goes something like this.. "if it ain't broke don't fix it" well, that applies in life but only to an extent.

I did one today, same thing, I was there two weeks ago it was a mobile home package unit with the bottom gone. I let the customer know it's in terrible shape but works. I tested the cap.
    Today it was a bad cap. Do you know what caps cost new? I do. I gave the guy the cap and charged him for the call, he was happy and so was my boss.

Call backs like this are not that big a deal unless you're raping people on prices, which apparently you're company is.

Quote Originally Posted by TamarHV View Post
    I don't see a reason to test caps on a tune-up honestly I just visually inspect them. Half the time even if the cap isnt putting out its rated mfds the customer won't be willing to change it. Even when it's explained to them. usually get a response that goes something like this.. "if it ain't broke don't fix it" well, that applies in life but only to an extent.
    it takes minimal time to test it. If the customer says no, then make sure its documented. If they call back, it will be a service fee and part.

it should have been tested regardless IMO......

you must always test a cap.. I would say you had a true call back
    I am an experienced, caring, trusted, service provider who solves my customers issues beyond there expectations by educating them and guiding them with value-building options to make excellent buying decisions while building security and wealth for my company, myself and my family.

Maybe I should. But theres not even a spot on my tuneup sheet for a cap check.
    Do you guys check MFDS on capacitor every time you go on tune-ups? Be honest and catholics dont answer. joke

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast