Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Mom passed away today...

My mom had been in a nursing home for about a year due to the severity of her alzheimers, so I have mixed feelings about her passing today. As far as I am concerned, my mom left her body years ago. I've not been able to even call her mom for over a year because she'd get angry, claiming she didn't have any children.

Anyway, my request for prayers is for those families who are living with a loved one with alzheimers. My mom is finally, completely at rest now, so our prayers for her have been answered already.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

My sincere condolences

My sincere condolences.
    I miss you mom and dad.

Im sorry for the loss of your mother Robin and that she suffered from Alzheimer's
    Its a sad thing to watch a loved one suffer and be able to do nothing...something I wish none to go through.
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Thank you, gentlemen. No matter how long you know this day is coming, it seems to still take one by surprise when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    My mom had been in a nursing home for about a year due to the severity of her alzheimers, so I have mixed feelings about her passing today. As far as I am concerned, my mom left her body years ago. I've not been able to even call her mom for over a year because she'd get angry, claiming she didn't have any children.

Anyway, my request for prayers is for those families who are living with a loved one with alzheimers. My mom is finally, completely at rest now, so our prayers for her have been answered already.
    My condolences to you and your family, I experienced the same with my mother and it was tough.

I too am sorry for the loss of your mother. I "get" your compassion for others living through the difficulties of Alzheimer's. I will honor your request for prayers on the behalf of others.
    Living the dream !!

I'm sorry for your loss. She's finally at peace now and knows how much her son really cared for her.

Robin,

My condolences to you.

We are starting to see the same thing here with my father-in-law .. In the morning he is great, but as the day progresses, it gets worse to the point he says there are other people with him and he knows who we are, but do not know how we are related .

my condolences
    it was working.... played with it.... now its broke.... whats the going hourly rate for HVAC repair

Quote Originally Posted by second opinion View Post
    My condolences to you and your family, I experienced the same with my mother and it was tough.
    I would have been a wreck with guilt over my feelings about my mom over the past couple of years if it were not for being in touch with others in similar situations. Alzheimers is a horrible disease for the victim as well as for all of their loved ones.

Some feel that alzheimers victims abandon them because they can no longer remember who you are. As absurd as that may sound, I had a bit of that experience myself. It is very difficult talking to your mom while she is telling you she has no children and is treating you like a stranger. Worse yet was when my mom thought I had kidnapped her.

So, it is good to hear from others who have gone through the horrors of alzheimers. If for no other reason, to let you understand that you are not being calloused about backing off with your feelings.

Once again, thank you all for your kind words.

Sorry for your loss RoBo and hope each day gets better for you.
    My parents are 86 and I can not imagine them gone.

sorry for your loss Robo....may she rest in peace....
    It is time for all good men to come to the aid of their country, for we are in deep crap.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast