Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sales position

Thanks to all for helping out. The wage has gotten increased to 400 per week and the comis was changed some. 5% on loow end equipment, 6% in mid 7% on just var speed A/h 8% on high end puron and above. the job still involves doing complete check off, make mod ser # duct sizes return sizes, etc etc. The deductions still involve the 2% for incomplete paperwork, still pay for items missed(at cost plus labor to install) All comercial work goes to head person to do estimate. All complete changes with new duct work goes to head person. I can do only resi replace and if it involves all new duct systems with a blue print it goes to the head person.Just found out also the techs sale and the other office people still are and will be able to sale along with the installers. i dont think that leaves alot of new sales to do. Just the ones whom they cant get sold or may be difficult sales or come in off the phone aka new customers looking for a free estimate.I turned the job down and will keep looking for a sales position. I have been and still am a tech in the field with another company but at 50 years old am looking for a change in pace.

Good luck
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Originally posted by 3rdrock4u
    Thanks to all for helping out. The wage has gotten increased to 400 per week and the comis was changed some. 5% on loow end equipment, 6% in mid 7% on just var speed A/h 8% on high end puron and above. the job still involves doing complete check off, make mod ser # duct sizes return sizes, etc etc. The deductions still involve the 2% for incomplete paperwork, still pay for items missed(at cost plus labor to install) All comercial work goes to head person to do estimate. All complete changes with new duct work goes to head person. I can do only resi replace and if it involves all new duct systems with a blue print it goes to the head person.Just found out also the techs sale and the other office people still are and will be able to sale along with the installers. i dont think that leaves alot of new sales to do. Just the ones whom they cant get sold or may be difficult sales or come in off the phone aka new customers looking for a free estimate.I turned the job down and will keep looking for a sales position. I have been and still am a tech in the field with another company but at 50 years old am looking for a change in pace.
    Still not a very good deal. Look elsewhere. Check the commercial service companies in your area for a service sales position, then work your way into more equipment sales. The deal you're presenting has too many loopholes. Service and office can sell???? Hell no. They are hourly employees who at best should get a small bonus for referring a client to the saes department.
    R2B4BTU

Only reason there is an opening for that job is being the last guy walked after he got tired of all the hoops to jump through without a return.

Not that I would know what a salesman should make for sure but that just sounds like trouble of someone claiming they should get the commision being they talked to them on the phone first lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12