Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sales position

I am debating on if i should accept this sales position or not. The job entails estimating new resi equipment, Job requirements are as follows, must verify unit needs to be replaced or repaired if sent out on an estimate, If it can be repaired call back into office to have unit repaired(no comis for repair work or comis for new s.a. customers)Only get comis on new equipment sales) and serviced. Pictures must be taken from every job site and estimate and attached to paperwork. All makes model and serial #'s must be on forms of equipment in the home, All duct sizes must be on new job estimate, static pressure must be on all paper work, if job is sold and anything missed from estimate and signed contract will be paid at my expense to the company,(fittings-collars-driers-whips) if paperwork is not complete a deduction of 3% will be made from the comis.Small salary of 350 week with comis of 6% of sale 13 seer to 14 seer any thing over that will be at 10% paid to sales person upon full payment from customer or finance company.Paper work must be in triplicate 1 to office one to installers and 1 for sales file if not done a 2% deduction in comis will be made. Is the norm for sales? Seems like an awfull lot of deductions and work for small comis.Wise choice to take job?

I couldn't work under those conditions! That's laughable really! Keep looking, there are way too many stipulations that can nail you financially. Seems like they don't want to take responsibility for anything.
    The posts and comments made by me are in no way affiliated with any company or organization. They are simply my personal opinions.

Sounds like a LARGE headache waiting to happen!! I wouldn't do it!!

Any input or advice on what to ask for? I am interested in sales and thought it was kind of low. What is the norm for hvac sales?

Can't discuss that here. Web sites like Monster.com have info on salaries for jobs. It will vary by the area too.
    The posts and comments made by me are in no way affiliated with any company or organization. They are simply my personal opinions.

I'd say that sales position is "bent over".
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    I'd say that sales position is "bent over".
    LOL...Most sales positions are ;-)

Sounds like the kind of sales position where they get you to sell their stuff for free, because the high probablity of screwing up something in the paperwork shuffle...

I would be sailin' on from that one...

You cant be that desperate

to take a job like that. I'd rather be a telemarketer.
    My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
    Walter Matthau

If you must do all that, just become a contractor.

they won't hire you as a salesman until they take DNA to make sure you are not human.
    A Diamond is just a piece of coal, that made good under pressure!

I wouldn't even spend a quarter to call 'em and say NO WAY. If you want to get into sales, keep looking. There's plenty of companies out there who are willing to take you in and show you the ropes.
    R2B4BTU

I'm not in sales but even I can tell that blows!
    Wheres OSR when you need him OSR? care to fill him in
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast