Well I have posted a couple questions on here. But this time I am actually here to say that I am finnally getting my first HVAC job. I graduated from tech school in the air force last march, but haven't done anything related to HVAC. Last summer I applied and was offered a job but wasn't sure if I really wanted to do this type of work. Well I started applying again and got offered a job only 10mins from my house. Which is good cause all other opeining in my state were 40mins or farther away. I'm from dover, Delaware. Anyway, the company does more commerical work. I am more interested in residential. But I thought hell, it's experience, so why not. They want to start me off at 12.88/hr. I was just curious if you guys think that is good. I have no experience except for school in the military. I as just hoping for a lil more.

Thanks.

Any more advice from would be great too.

This sounds reasonable. After 90 days, you may get another raise and benefits if you show promise. Be prepared to get some excercise doing strictly commercial. Good luck and best wishes!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

money---?

it's a job you didn't have until now. advice---- work hard, learn; work hard, learn; work smart, learn.the more you learn and the more you show it the more you're worth to the co. and to yourself. oh, and don't forget to -learn-
    remember, with electronics; when its brown,its cooking and when its black, its done!!!

Haha. Yeah def. Thanks for the advice. Which do you enjoy better residential or commericial? Also, stuff I learn with commercial still will help me with residential right?

Originally posted by thursday85
    Haha. Yeah def. Thanks for the advice. Which do you enjoy better residential or commericial? Also, stuff I learn with commercial still will help me with residential right?

Yes......and what mic said

it's a job you didn't have until now. advice---- work hard, learn; work hard, learn; work smart, learn.the more you learn and the more you show it the more you're worth to the co. and to yourself. oh, and don't forget to -learn-