Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down

Bought the 523 last month, will be on the 3rd one when (if) it gets here. I have wasted about 3 weeks now without it and I had to pay $40 to sent it off for warranty! The third one was supposed to be here today (overnighted) I wasnt going to *****, but I've had it with this company.

I had already sold my other meters to help cover the cost of the Testo, now I'm out $580=Testo, $40S&H, Who knows how much 410A =$$$ now need to buy more tools just to be safe.

The first 3 or 4 pages of the book that came with that 523 went on and on about how accurate and reliable the Testo digital gauge will be compared to the old school ways!

OK things can and will break, but the way they handle their warranty sucks!

Yeh, it really p*ss*s you off when you spend that much money and end up with that sort of deal. What problems were you having with the instrument?

The first one had the temp sensor quit reading internally

The second one wont go back to Zero on the pressure readings.

Sorry to hear this Cool Blew

I have been having nothing but good results with the one I purchased.

Now the digital gages that I really had problems with were those ones TIF's that I bought 10 years ago they were always going bad.

I had some of them old Tif digitals years ago, they really sucked.

I'm on my 3rd 523 now, and it has worked great so far today!

Cool Blew

John Figan (Testo) wants your information about that Testo Kool for warranty. You can contact him? via john at mail.testo.com

3rd one has been going good for the last week. I like the meter, just the company's warranty policy sucks.

lol..... with a thread like this. hummmmmmm nope

Originally posted by cool-blew
    3rd one has been going good for the last week. I like the meter, just the company's warranty policy sucks.
    Hey Cool John Figan from Testo wants you to e-mail him. See above post. If you have trouble getting through IM or e-mail me at mechacc2000 on yahoo

I am all for automation and hi tech stuff... but I just got off the lawn of a residential unit and my Raytek IR with my Fluke 52 and my Ritchie gage manifold worked perfectly fine for me.

Talking

I've been using mine for about a month now, no problems.

Unbelievable! I just killed the 4th one!

I love the gauges, but now I don't what to think of them? Must be just me...?

[Edited by cool-blew on 07-19-2006 at 09:24 PM]

Killed the fourth???

Of course I can't be sure, but I think it just might be you. Just what are you trying to do and how are you doing it? You're not working with NH3 are you? Are you pushing the right buttons? Odds of 4 of these being bad is really very hard to believe.

Low side should only be attached to the suction vapor line, usually the larger size of the line set. Most people identify that with the blue hose/blue valve handle. Red hose = high side = red handle. Yellow is for adding/removing refrigerant/nitrogen or evacuation.

Generally any oil will not be good for digital transducers?

We have two units and never had any problems.
    keep your ice cold and flame hot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast