Trane mini split info?

Trane mini split info?

Greetings, I've searched both this site and 10 pages deep on "The Google" and it seems there is very little info on Trane's mini split systems. I know their standard systems are good quality. Can anyone give comparisons to better known units from Mits, Sanyo and Fujitsu? I've received a bid with a Trane 1.5 ton (AC only) that seems good but I'm interested in the reliability and noise ratings of the Trane vs others. Thanks in advance.

TRANE has a MiniSplit?
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Quote Originally Posted by dan sw fl View Post
    TRANE has a MiniSplit?
    By Trane
    CONTURA MCW509K through 36K

I'm guessing it's a licensed design if not mfg by a different company althogether. O who's unit is it? An LG maybe?

Trane makes some AMAZING units, however their geothermal units are rebranded WaterFurnace and their mini-splits are rebranded POS chinese made crap. I will always like my Trane split systems, gas furnaces, AC's and Heat Pumps but stay away from the trane mini split, I have heard nothing but bad things about it. My local distributor won't even carry the unit, just Mitsubishi even though they are a Trane distributor.
    Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skyheating1 We have customer testimonials, product reviews and more!
    Like us on FACEBOOK if you like our advice here!

Good info, thanks.

Thanks Sky, I guess Mits is the way to go even though you pay a bit more up front.

Quote Originally Posted by Yerma View Post
    Thanks Sky, I guess Mits is the way to go even though you pay a bit more up front.
    You get what you pay for. Quality, repliability and efficiency don't come free.

Mitsubishi makes a great product. I was talking about them with the local HVAC contractor I use this morning. They love them. Haven't done a large installation with theri bigger 6 ton + VRF systems. Daiken and Mitsubishi both have air handler version, which make for direct heat pump air handler retrofits, or applications where you have load ceilings, low clearance over the top of server racks or furniture or don;t want a wall mount unit.