Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like original poster said, line up has a solenoid and ORIT valve. Cases should be set up to run off of the ORIT with the LLS set 4-6 degrees cooler, so that it is always open and just closes if the case gets very cold.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetowork View Post
    Like original poster said, line up has a solenoid and ORIT valve. Cases should be set up to run off of the ORIT with the LLS set 4-6 degrees cooler, so that it is always open and just closes if the case gets very cold.
    I was just working on a Hussmann deli service case today and they told me just the opposite. Set the Thermostat's to 28* discharge air, and set the EPR a few degrees below the evap setpoint so if a stat fails it will freeze and you'll now you have a problem. They also had suction stops not LLS

In my stores, that particular circuit runs all the service deli stuff....display cases, cheese boat, retarder, and walk-in. no solenoids or EPR at the rack. Everything controlled by t-stat.

It struck me odd, that the original install on the service displays had both lines valved....but then later the LL solenoid removed.....heck, they didn't even bother to remove the coil, just left it dangling there, and of course it's burned up.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12