Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: power outages

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,458
    Anybody getting no cool calls, and finding its an area outage when you arrive??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    san jose,ca.
    Posts
    5,285
    YA, my house. Hi mike, mines been off since 2pm. sunday. PGE said they can`t give me a fix time.
    My 10kw generator is going strong. The whole neaibhor hood
    inside temp is near 100 & mine is 77 dg.I`m charging $50.00
    a head to sit in my house for 10 minuets.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,666
    That sounds nasty.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,458
    Originally posted by bigbird
    YA, my house. Hi mike, mines been off since 2pm. sunday. PGE said they can`t give me a fix time.
    My 10kw generator is going strong. The whole neaibhor hood
    inside temp is near 100 & mine is 77 dg.I`m charging $50.00
    a head to sit in my house for 10 minuets.
    Hey Rick
    Ours was off last night from about 8pm until 2am today. Heard they were having trouble finding transformers..Also heard they were bringing in crews from other utilities..What a mess...well im outa here for a few days. Only problem is it is as hot where we are going

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    2,729
    I've gotten calls for putting in generators because of the outages in St. Louis and California. People get paranoid when they here about others with no A/C.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    San Jose, Ca
    Posts
    2,089
    Originally posted by rsmith46
    I've gotten calls for putting in generators because of the outages in St. Louis and California. People get paranoid when they here about others with no A/C.
    I am one of those who is paranoid. Happy wife Happy Life. We loose our AC and we will be staying in a four star Hotel with room service, or I will die a fast painful death.
    Old snipes don't die they just loose their steam

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Victoria,Tx
    Posts
    6,680

    Dang

    I just hate watching tv in the dark!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,887

    is this a great country or what

    and now, today's thrilling episode of "Will Demand Conquer Supply?"!

    ______

    [Edited by l•k on 07-26-2006 at 06:45 PM]

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gilroy, Calif
    Posts
    188
    Hey Snipe. Were you a boilerman in the navy?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Gilroy, Calif
    Posts
    188

    Cool

    Hope you have a good one Mike. See you when you get back. I know you took your laptop with you, so you'll be checking in from time to time. Looks like we're almost out of this so it should be cool up there in Oregon.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    894

    Re: is this a great country or what

    Originally posted by l•k
    and now, today's thrilling episode of "Will Demand Conquer Supply?"!

    ______

    [Edited by l•k on 07-26-2006 at 06:45 PM]
    Uh........ this aint the artist.com site!!! Your way to advanced for this place!!!!

    J/k.....

    down here our utility gives out cheap honeywell, or not if you buy them at the local home store if your a diy... anyway, these things shut off for certain times during peak demand.... nothing to communicate with any sensor, just preset times.

    I love em... I've junked many of em cause ho's are tired of their inconvienence!!!!

    don't let city hall "save" you money

    comfort isn't in their vocabulary

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event