+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Water reg valve adjustment on 410-A water source heat pump

Post Likes

Water reg valve adjustment on 410-A water source heat pump

I've been confused about this...
    We have several "in and out" water source heat pumps and straight A/C units here. water temps are generally about 53*. Prior to the creation of the 410-A water reg. valve, these units were equipped with a backflow preventer, pressure reducing valve, and a zone valve which opened on a call for heating or cooling. We're retrofitting the systems with reg valves. I've seen smaller units which have dual settings on the reg valves (one screw for heat, one for cool), which I assume are to prevent the coil from freezing. What are some basic points to keep in mind when installing these 410-A reg valves, as far as the setting goes? Am I looking for a certain delta T across my water coil? Or am I looking for a certain head pressure? Any help would be appreciated.

Post Likes
    Adjust water regulating valve for condenser to maintain 120 degrees liquid saturation in low ambient operation. So for 410A its about 420 psi.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in