Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Just because your defrost timer is set to defrost at certain intervals and periods, does not mean it is working properly. You need to verify this.

Wheres JP at for the rescue of this thread??? lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroTolerance View Post
    Just because your defrost timer is set to defrost at certain intervals and periods, does not mean it is working properly. You need to verify this.

Wheres JP at for the rescue of this thread??? lol
    He said in his first post "tested defrost timer and elect heat" and that it was o.k.

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Is there a sight glass ? Did you check it ? 10* superheat for a freezer is to high if that's what you have. 4-6 is good with a 10* TD.
    He stated 5° SC. Please explain how metering more refrigerant from 10°SH to 4-6° SH is going to stop the coil from frosting. He also trends at 22F with no chance at set point. If he throttles the valve open he's just going to raise his chances of slugging the compressor.

It's more likely moisture in the system but a 10° SH at 22F while pulling down seems to me like theres too much refrigerant is going through the coil before even coming close to set point. Other scenarios could be the defrost terminate has failed, % of refrigerant blend is off due to leaks, TXV valve has failed (not the powerhead).

Opps.... Sorry, I don't have time to re-read everything everyone says or remember

Moisture - try and take pressure reading before and after filter if possible. If not, take a temp reading.

Also, when the refrigerant was added, it could have been introduced into the system incorrectly causing fractionization via vapor charging instead of liquid.

I don't know how many evap. fans you have, but, are they all running in the proper direction? Check to see if one is bad and freewheeling backwards.

Could someone please explain how moisture in the system can cause excessive frost buildup on the evaporator?

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Could someone please explain how moisture in the system can cause excessive frost buildup on the evaporator?
    Wondering that too. I would be more worried if there were no frost. Is the freezer being used for cold storage or did blast freezing get added to the load last winter?

Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Moisture is water, moisture condenses on coldest spot, therefore water in system = ice on evap....simple

Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

Do we have an update??

Quote Originally Posted by DLZ Dan View Post
    Moisture is water, moisture condenses on coldest spot, therefore water in system = ice on evap....simple

Moisture on system = frost
    Moisture in system = plugged txv and water allover the place when everything melts

Too many times our guys do this to me. They call and tell me they looked at and checked things. I want verification with real numbers and answers. In this case, we need a much better picture of the system. Tell us everything. Dont leave anything out except "about" or "between" or "close to". When you have your guages on and your temp. probe on, write it down. Exactly what you see. You are not expected to remember every reading you take. Write it down.
    You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by R&J-R View Post
    He stated 5° SC. Please explain how metering more refrigerant from 10°SH to 4-6° SH is going to stop the coil from frosting. He also trends at 22F with no chance at set point. If he throttles the valve open he's just going to raise his chances of slugging the compressor.

It's more likely moisture in the system but a 10° SH at 22F while pulling down seems to me like theres too much refrigerant is going through the coil before even coming close to set point. Other scenarios could be the defrost terminate has failed, % of refrigerant blend is off due to leaks, TXV valve has failed (not the powerhead).
    (First) of all why are you using sub cooling in refrigeration ? Do you not understand that it is what it is ? (Second) 10* superheat is great for a cooler not for a freezer. At a 10* superheat he is not using as much of the coil to absorb heat. Please explain how he could possibly slug the compressor with 4* superheat. (Third) Have you ever looked at a freezer coil and not seen frost ? ( excluding after defrost ) ohh look at that DE-frost.

Oh, and your hand is not an official temp' probe and the pressure you saw at the evap. 20 minutes ago is not the pressure it is right now.
    You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast