+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Letter to Winston Churchill from his father

Post Likes

Letter to Winston Churchill from his father

Author Fred Hartley documents a letter young Winston Churchill received from his father: “You should be ashamed of your slovenly, happy-go-lucky, harum, scarum style of work. . . Never have I received a really good report of your conduct from any headmaster or tutor. . .Always behind, incessant complaints of a total want of application to your work. . . Do not think that I am going to take the trouble of writing you long letters after every failure you commit. . .I no longer attach the slightest weight to anything you may say. . .If you cannot prevent yourself from leading the idle, useless, unprofitable life you have had during your school days, you will become a mere social wastrel, one of the hundreds of public school failures, and you will degenerate into a shabby, unhappy and futile existence. . .You will have to bear all the blame for such misfortunes. . . Your mother sends her love.”
    We're awl pawthetic and kweepy and can't get giwrls. That's why we fight wobots.

Post Likes
    of course, worthless in school just like Einstein..........
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chaard View Post
    Author Fred Hartley documents a letter young Winston Churchill received from his father: “You should be ashamed of your slovenly, happy-go-lucky, harum, scarum style of work. . . Never have I received a really good report of your conduct from any headmaster or tutor. . .Always behind, incessant complaints of a total want of application to your work. . . Do not think that I am going to take the trouble of writing you long letters after every failure you commit. . .I no longer attach the slightest weight to anything you may say. . .If you cannot prevent yourself from leading the idle, useless, unprofitable life you have had during your school days, you will become a mere social wastrel, one of the hundreds of public school failures, and you will degenerate into a shabby, unhappy and futile existence. . .You will have to bear all the blame for such misfortunes. . . Your mother sends her love.”
    Most only know the popular notions history chooses to remember @ WC. A good bit of that history written by him.
    But he was a foolish, whimsical leader who caused many young men to lose life, limb or freedom with some of his unfortunate forays. Italy for one.

Post Likes
    Yet considered to be one of the best military strategist, "The victor writes history." forgot who said that though.....
    Philippians 4:13
    I can do all things in him that strengthen me.
    Apostle Paul inspired by GOD.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by artdavila View Post
    Yet considered to be one of the best military strategist, "The victor writes history." forgot who said that though.....
    Probably Churchill in his 1st book on WWII........

"Churchill once said "I expect history will be kind to me, for I intend to write it"

Post Likes
    "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." -- Winston Churchill

He was a class act alright!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in