+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Snake in an AC unit

Post Likes

Snake in an AC unit

Found a snake in an outside unit wrapped around the fan, causing it to work improperly. Full story and pictures here:

http://www.butchersonandassociates.c...-got-that-beat

This is the first time I've come across anything like this, was wondering if anybody wanted to share their unique findings along with the rest of us. Let's be carefull out there!!!

2. Likes Docrodnet, BoroHVAC, doug1111 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    No snakes but many a black widow tucked up underneath compressor suction lines.

Oh and one bi-sected pidgeon in a cooling tower.

Post Likes
    Actually had the same thing happen though thankfully I didnt have to unwind the entire snake most of it was in pieces inside of the condenser.

5. Likes lions_lair liked this post.
    Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Post Likes
    No snakes yet here in so cal, lots and lots of hornet's nests though, they seem to love the corners of carrier units...
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Post Likes
    Had that with a cuban lizard here. "Is that under warranty?"........."Ummm, sorry no"

What's the deal with the smiling brick in the last photo?

Post Likes
    Samual jackson says "I'm tired of these mother f$&@in snakes in this mother f$&@in air conditioner. "

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Six View Post
    No snakes but many a black widow tucked up underneath compressor suction lines.

Oh and one bi-sected pidgeon in a cooling tower.
    Gotta love bloated tower birds. I also love the piles of chopped birds on roofs around exhaust fans. A good one i remember is we had a plumber clean a wedged in rotting squirrel out of a gutter drain with a paddle bit.

Post Likes
    Oh my... I live in AZ with rattlers...that is all I need...sorry I got a 'thing' with snakes...creepy

Post Likes
    good grief...squirrels, snakes birds...Oh my!

Post Likes
    The only good pigeon is a dead pigeon. I have one customer who's roof isn't leveled properly. Every time I go up there after it rains, I have to wade through what is literally a 2" deep mixture of water and liquid pigeon crap.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_P View Post
    Found a snake in an outside unit wrapped around the fan, causing it to work improperly. Full story and pictures here:

http://www.butchersonandassociates.c...-got-that-beat

This is the first time I've come across anything like this, was wondering if anybody wanted to share their unique findings along with the rest of us. Let's be carefull out there!!!
    YES - snake burnt out condenser fan mtr.... snakes-wasp- lizards-spiders-etc etc etc. Fl.

Post Likes
    It sounds scary! I haven't witness any snake yet

Post Likes
    About 30 years ago had an outdoor condensing unit so loaded with snake and so old we sheared the lines threw a rope on it and dragged it into the woods. In that same area I worked in a dark crawl space on a w/in cooler unit at the next stop a brown snake crawled out of my tool bag. The milk house cats took care of it. Glad I hadn't reached in to my bag.

Post Likes
    On a farm job , geese (fat one) settled in to a open drive unit , when unit started the goose was splattered all over the plant room , blood and guts everywhere , even broke the fly wheel . a gruesome sight .
    now snakes are to much for me, not fond of them at all .

17. Likes doug1111, kdean1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ETC1 View Post
    About 30 years ago had an outdoor condensing unit so loaded with snake and so old we sheared the lines threw a rope on it and dragged it into the woods. In that same area I worked in a dark crawl space on a w/in cooler unit at the next stop a brown snake crawled out of my tool bag. The milk house cats took care of it. Glad I hadn't reached in to my bag.
    if you happen to live in Australia that would be a very bad thing
    if corny was a part on a washing machine,,, he'd be the agitator

“Those who CAST the votes decide nothing; those who COUNT the votes decide everything.” – Stalin even evil men say things worth paying attention to

A Nation of Sheep - Breeds a Government of Wolves

Gangster Al Capone once remarked that anyone who can walk to the welfare office can walk to work.

Post Likes
    Yikes

Post Likes
    Had a snake climb into electrical compartment of a condenser and landed on top of the capacitor. Blew a 30a breaker. Pretty impressive

Post Likes
    I had a heat pump that had 3 snakes crawl inside the electrical compartment. One left as I was taking the cover off, the second did not want to leave and I had to start removing the board he was trying to hid behind before he left of his own free will. The third was dead, wrapped around a different board, he was a bit stiff.

Then this summer I found snake wrapped around the fam motor shaft. Most of it had broken into pieces and was laying in the bottom the rest had to be broke out from in between the motor and fan blade hub.

As bad as these are the worst is the bird that gets down the chimney an the new 80% furnaces and is stuck in the 4" pipe. If you take the pipe loose they get free into the house, if you run the furnace and kill them you have a stinky mess. Just no good way to deal with them.

Post Likes
    Dear Lord.

Post Likes
    Yuck

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in