Insulating Floor of a Walk in

Does anyone have an insight to insulating the floor of a 10x20 walk in that will be partly divided between freezer and cooler?
    IcyFlame

Talking

Im told that i must layer sand, styrofoam and gravel under the concrete. I was hoping that someone could give me more specific instruction or direct me to a sight to get it. Maybe i am not on the right forum, if not can you direct me to the correct one. Thank you!
    IcyFlame

Quote Originally Posted by icyflame View Post
    Im told that i must layer sand, styrofoam and gravel under the concrete. I was hoping that someone could give me more specific instruction or direct me to a sight to get it. Maybe i am not on the right forum, if not can you direct me to the correct one. Thank you!

what you were told is correct. You can get 4" hard board insulation at Home depot or construction supply. The main thing is to have a good layer of insulation below the cement so you don't develop condensation.

Not sure of the layering but I would level with sand, gravel 6mil plastic and foam board make sure the board lay flat and pour cement on top. but you you can ask your local building inspector

Insulation under the floor of a freezer is (other than keeping heat out) to keep the soil under the floor from heaving when the moisture in the soil freezes. In very large freezers, there is also a chance that freezing will occur even with insulation and most have either heat in the soil below or an engineered and ventilated base.

When you insulate, make sure you also have a thermal break between the freezer and medium temp portion.