Thread: LA Excitement

I'm in LA for Sis's wedding Sat night. Took a spin down to Laguna Beach then back up the coast. Temp on the car read as high as 102 out. The net said with humidity, that was 121 heat index. I thought it was supposed to be cool at the beach? Wedding was on a hill overlooking the ocean in Rancho Palos Verdes. Neat little glass chapel.

Locals were trilled with a great lightning storm over the ocean. Rumbles of thunder could be heard during the ceremony. Afterwards, many gathered to watch the show. I can't believe my luck in capturing this strike...

Reception was at The Donald's country club nearby, right on the water. Normally it should have been 60something and delightful at 9PM. Instead it was 90+ and steamy. Open doors killed the temp in the room. Waiter says he has to get the doors closed to let the A/C catch up. But everyone is outside looking at the storm. Then a red glow comes up from the ocean. Lightning fire catches Catalina Island on fire...

THEN, the power goes out. We're in this swanky upstairs dining room of Trumps beautiful place. Guess this isn't an unusal occurrence. Donald better splurge on a generator. So hotter than crap out, no air, lit up by only candles and a couple of emergency lights. Luckily bar stayed open Hour later power comes on, never did cool down but the kitchen got the grub up to us!

Nice pics. July wedding, they must be insane.

Isn't most of that state on fire??
    Hey cockroach, don't bug me!

www.AskTheDiceman.com

www.TheColdConspiracy.com

www.Pennwood-HVAC.Com

Bring Em Home....

Originally posted by James 3528
    Nice pics. July wedding, they must be insane.
    July in Southern Cali usely is'nt that bad but all of Cali is a hot humid mess.Here in central California it's already 100 deg with 47 RH,and a dew point of 62 degs.High temp will be around 115.It's only 1045 A.M.

It is always hot and humid here in July. Nothing like going and getting drunk, stay out all night and put on a tux for a wedding the next day.

I wedding in any month is insane..........
    Yes dice,we`re on fire. but that`s o`k`,soon we`ll break off into the ocean.

Very nice pics. Beautiful shots.

Southern California's one place I would really like to play tourist.

Is this a Fabreze moment? C.Y.D. I'm voting white elephant. 2.
    My competition are my best salespeople!

Them's some pretty pictures indeed.Makes me want to fly out west even more.
    Luke 6:31

Originally posted by BaldLoonie

THEN, the power goes out.

I live in the burbs of LA, where a new record of 119 was set on Saturday. The same day our neighborhood lost power.

119 and no power for 3 days - some fun.

Glad I wasn't in that neighborhood. Just came from Redondo Beach Pier. Family said it would normally be cold there, it was 70s. Sat in a restaurant with huge windows open.

Drove up to Morrow Bay from LAX area yesterday, returning today.

Left with 80s & steamy, car read 102 coming through Woodland Hills area on the 101. Dropped to the 70s around Ventura, then skyrocketted to 104 further inland. Then upper 60s in Pismo Beach, then 94 on 101 heading to Morrow Bay. There it was also upper 60s. This AM so foggy couldn't see that big old rock.

Coming back had a lot of fog along 101 coming into Santa Barbara. Then it cleared up as I turned inland. Over 100 again from Thousand Oaks past the 405. Stopped at niece's house in Hollywood Hills it was upper 80s. Went out to see Robert Schuller's glass cathedral. That big sucker isn't air conditioned! Was pretty steamy in there! Incredible though.