Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    279
    I believe I found a decent price on these, $170 shipped brand new in box.

    3 CFM should be plenty and this only weighs 28 pounds witch is nice.

    I have been using the 6 CFM model 15600

    BTW can I speak of pricing in these posts ?

    The only pricing not discused is when people ask for bid on installs and service correct ?

    - Brad -
    I forgot my Pen !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Think of the old stuff as dumb and strong and the new stuff as smart but just not so tough.

  2. #2
    I feel this is a better investment:



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,035
    when I was doing change outs..ran my JB 6cfm pump every day...after only 6 weeks it sounded like rocks in the gear box....took it back to Johnstones were I got it...got the over the counter no BS warrenty...handed them the dead one..swore I changed oil every day..2x on sunday ...they handed me a new one....even got a 2nd free t-shirt.

    JB seems like good products...and they do stand behind their pumps.
    73% of Americans say that illegal immigration is a problem. The other 27% say, "No habla inglis!"

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    279
    WOW...........

    I have been reading alot of great things about JB on these boards.

    TO be honest the Vac Pump I buy wont be used everyday, mabye once a week.

    I'm not looking for the cheap way out but dam im not rich :-)

    Just looking for feedback, great so far guys :-)

    - brad -
    I forgot my Pen !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Think of the old stuff as dumb and strong and the new stuff as smart but just not so tough.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Southeastern Norht Carolina
    Posts
    25

    PROMAX

    Trying to keep my start up cost at a minium I found this unit. PROMAX model PMPROVAX Combines recovery and vacuum in one unit. What do you PRO's think?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Camel City, NC
    Posts
    6,233

    awsom

    I have the #15150 spx robinair red pump and like it. Thing is heavy for the cfm though.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    98
    I have been using the same jb 3cfm pump for 20 years been a good unit on new installs and light pumpdowns after fixing leaks in linesets, but when I have had burnouts or trying to vacuum condensers that have had freon and oil in them I have bad luck!! It seems that it takes forever to get the 500 micron on the gauge that I want , even had to settle for a little higher # a couple times. Been talking to the boss hard about a 6cfm but not getting anywhere. Maybe after the next 4 hour pumpdown time he will think again.

    I change the oil religeously after each use!!!
    There is no off switch to the genius mind!!

    Motors run on smoke!! When the smoke comes out of it, it needs a new one!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    279
    Originally posted by huskerdu


    I change the oil religeously after each use!!!
    After each normal Vac Down ?

    Or

    After each Vac Down with a burned out compressor ?
    I forgot my Pen !!!

    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Think of the old stuff as dumb and strong and the new stuff as smart but just not so tough.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    GEORGIA
    Posts
    1,532
    Originally posted by awsomeears
    I believe I found a decent price on these, $170 shipped brand new in box.

    3 CFM should be plenty and this only weighs 28 pounds witch is nice.

    I have been using the 6 CFM model 15600

    BTW can I speak of pricing in these posts ?

    The only pricing not discused is when people ask for bid on installs and service correct ?

    - Brad -
    You get what you pay for...

    When Roninaire sold out to SPX they really lowered their standards and quality, and price...

    I'll keep my 15600......

    Stephen
    "Value our Differences"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    Camel City, NC
    Posts
    6,233

    stephy

    I keep my 15100 on the van for a spare too.
    Be safe not fast. body parts don't grow back

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    3,526
    Originally posted by Jultzya
    I feel this is a better investment:


    It should be- I saw one the other day at over $500.00- I think it was 6 cfm.

    I have a couple of old JB's that work, but need to be gone through. Just bought a new Robinair 5 cfm pump # 15550
    They were new & on sale for $149.00 at local supply house. That's cheaper than the reconditioned ones on EBAY w/ no warranty! I need light & cheap to haul up & down ladders. They get banged up pretty bad on my truck.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    25
    Originally posted by huskerdu
    I have been using the same jb 3cfm pump for 20 years been a good unit on new installs and light pumpdowns after fixing leaks in linesets, but when I have had burnouts or trying to vacuum condensers that have had freon and oil in them I have bad luck!! It seems that it takes forever to get the 500 micron on the gauge that I want , even had to settle for a little higher # a couple times. Been talking to the boss hard about a 6cfm but not getting anywhere. Maybe after the next 4 hour pumpdown time he will think again.

    I change the oil religeously after each use!!!
    Are you keeping the Gas Ballast open when starting?
    Have you tried an oil change at half way (2 hrs)?

    http://www.jbind.com/tech_info/pdf_d...pump_instr.pdf

    Go JB


    "The valve should be 1/4 turn to fully open for the first part of the evacuation procedure. After a vacuum of 1000-2000 microns has been reached, close the valve and continue evacuating. Failure to close valve will result in poor pump performance."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    98
    Yes have been doing this with the ballast valve but have not tried changing the oil half way through. this may be an answer thanks. will try.
    I do change it after every vacuum that I do.

    keep it alive with oil!
    There is no off switch to the genius mind!!

    Motors run on smoke!! When the smoke comes out of it, it needs a new one!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event