Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ok thanks for info it is just rare now to get into these machines to see. I am opening a newer yk as we speak that has a funny noise it sounds like screw machine and vibration read says something on high speed. The back side of impeller (balance piston) is steel... and yes it was fun and easy to rile DD.

Nice post Richard. Thank You. I am almost looking forward to my next teardown. P.S. It was fun to get DD riled up.

heres a link to a root failure analysys on multistage comp. pretty heavy stuff
    http://turbolab.tamu.edu/proc/turboproc/T40/RCFA.pdf

Hey Richard,

Long time since Ive been on. Hope retardedment is going well for you. I have a few 126 McQuays Ive pulled apart that groove the same way causing oil hang up in the compressor due to leakage around the seal. I may try drilling the hole on the one I started today.

And then Im doing a real compressor!! A 1958 vintage 17M, now thats a real compressor!!!!

Then after that its back to another 126
    Your poor planning does not constitute an emergency on my part!!!!

Man I does envy you..I trust it is one with the hand fitted bellows seal, so you can spend some time on that lovely..
    Retardment is just that....As my mind slowly turns to mush trying to read schematics on the new trim tab operators and indicators for my gettum' there quick fishing boat wondering how in the hell I ever managed to actually repair a filter on a YK. I did however go out and assist in a start-up on a new York LP steam absorber using waste steam form a hi-pressure condensate tank. Bare ass unit ordered from Germany with no LiBr charge, No Start-up or any accessories...It is hard to believe that Absorbers have came so damn far in the control and operation. At least I was not the one that wrestled the 500# refrigerant barrels around to the chiller. Since Da' Germans here will be opoerating the plant, all readouts are in metric, somehow I have a lil' problem calculating a 500kw load to something my fading mind can absorb. The unit purrs like a kitten and not a single warranty number was needed...Now "That" is the amazing part to me.
    Being the last "So-Called" absorber man to leave the Big Blue conglomerate here in Atlanta, I assisted and only recieved an Arby's for lunch as pay...Now them is rough times my friend...
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

I just yanked a HA90 apart that needed a new impeller and seals. This site has 8 of them and they all seem to be coming out that way, that and the vane ring wear.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

DD would tell the craziest stories of things they would try in the field. Said he had to bail a guy out that shoved a bunch of eggs into a YT to try and plug holes in it like a radiator. Good times.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12