New member from Reston VA

Hybrid View

New member from Reston VA

Hoping to learn a lot.

welcome, you've already done more than a lot of new guest (there's info in that profile)

ps

so did you get a golden parachute
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

Sadly no, but i am independly wealthy, so the question is moot.....LOL
    Have been retired since 1994.
    My dad was a successful small businessman in virginia beach, and i respected him immensly, aside from loving him as a great dad.....
    I came here to learn about the hvac ibdustry and business practices of the local hvac operators. I have recently had one horrendous experience involving a dishonest local hvac
    contractor....mostly involving deceitful business performance, and shoddy workmanship-- a contracter who is highly rated on Angie's List.

we as an industry can't inform the consumer enough about shoddy work, shady contractors and the like

then there are the groups that "approve" contractors soley based on application/membership fees

there are members on this board from that general area, don't know how close.
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

thanks Danyme,
    regarding my complaint against my "old" contractor--I have filed complaints with the Virginia Dept. of Consumer Affairs, the Fairfax County Dept. of Consumer affairs, and the Virginia DPOR (Dept of Professional and Occupational Regulation, i.e., licensing board).

I truly want to light a fire under this contractor.