Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

The Ultimate Flash Light

Hey guys ....May seem like a really boring and simple question but Ive been the trade for a bit now and i can not for the life of me find a decent flash light so i am wondering what you guys are using and would recommend. Thanks

i just have a cheap 2 AA led maglite that stays on my belt. Had it for 2 years and it still works fine no complaints

What's the 123A battery it says it uses ? Round disk ?

Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    What's the 123A battery it says it uses ? Round disk ?
    Pricier than say AA batteries but hold a high power level until nearly exhausted.
    Also have a very long shelf life.

http://www.amazon.com/SureFire-123A-.../dp/B0001WP62O
    We've been doing so much,for so long,with so little, that now we can do almost anything, with nothing at all.

I own one of these, I LOVE it. It takes the same 123A batteries.

Smile Portable Sunshine

http://streamlight.com/education/guide.aspx

Everyone has their own likes & dislikes when it comes to flashlights. An air balancer friend of mine had a Streamlight flashlight that impressed me so I asked about it and he said he had been using it every day for 3 years and was still using the original battery and bulb. I got one too, and my bulb & battery were still good after almost 4 years. I changed jobs and now my employer provides the flashlight & battery. My Streamlight was referred to as portable sunshine by my co-workers because it was so bright. To read a metal data tag, you had to shine the light next to the tag or it was too bright to read.

I stuck the flashlight in the battery charger in my work truck at the end of every work day and it was ready to go the next morning. There were only a few occasions when I wished I had purchased an extra battery.

The price may seem like a lot, but I honestly think over the four years I saved money by not buying so many different flashlights in the hope I'd find the perfect one for me. I know it's cheaper if you consider the cost of buying batteries.

The total cost of the light with charger to plug into the cigarette lighter was a little over $100. I also bought the holster that held this little light plus my Leatherman on my belt. The flashlight size is approximately the diameter of a C battery, and about the length of a couple of batteries.

Visit the above website to learn more than you thought was possible to know about choosing a flashlight.

Some of the Streamlights are available on Amazon.
    I'm still learning this trade.

Surefire all the way! You pay for what you get with this company.

Edit: These lights were made with LE and the Mil in mind. If you want a flashlight that can take a beating and stand the test of time then Surefire is your ticket.

thanks for the quick input so far guys... any ideas for more of a hands free/very very bright

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Cool View Post
    thanks for the quick input so far guys... any ideas for more of a hands free/very very bright
    Go with a Zebralight.

http://www.zebralight.com/

http://www.youtube.com/user/goingprepared

Check out their demonstrations. Search for Zebralight and Spark headlamps.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

looks like a digital camera battery lithium

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Cool View Post
    looks like a digital camera battery lithium

As far as price, they aren't THAT bad if you buy them directly from SureFire.

Buy them anywhere else, and you will PAY for them. In a pinch, I've paid almost $7/ battery.

i dont know about you guys but i tend to go through flashlights very frequently. the bulbs head keep on breaking... i go thru them like once every 2 months or so. the simple basic maglite 2 AA batteries i find the more expensive flashlights the batteries are not worth buying if im going thru them every week or so. but thats just me.
    Get er Done!

Do what has to be done
    when it has to be done
    as well as it has to be done
    And doing it all the time.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast