Does anyone know the UA wages for Mechanical Service in Virginia and/or North Carolina? I am interested in any areas in those 2 states. I couldn't find any wages on the different locals' websites. Thanks

thanks for the help guys

wages

depending on your experence 20k to 75k, again all depends on your experence and what field ie commercial.

hope this helps. va.beach va

In N.VA the local is 602 out of DC . Last I heard the scale was $29 in the paycheck and around $47 for total package .

$29/hr for Journeyman? How about C and B cards? Is that wage good or bad relative to the cost of living there?

Thanks

Advice NC or VA

Ok,

To make a long story short, if you want work in NC I can hook you up with two employers in the Outer Banks area. It really comes down to lifestyle. If I could of done it all over again Id of stayed in VA and never left for N.C. If your from the North and I know Im gonna catch flak but...you'll get almost any job, along with alot of grief. Work ethics are different compared to the North East. VA is where the $ is at! I'd go with VA unless you want that "redneck" country twang after work or during for that matter. I must say also in defense of NC. I was located near the Outer Banks (Kitty Hawk,etc) so.....Pay seemed much better in VA as well as work ethics. Good Luck!

No offense to anybody intended, but not much union activity in central NC that I'm aware of.

Ballpark wages $15 to $30+ an hr depending on area of expertise. Norm for comerical $22 give or take a little. Cost of living fairly mild. Just IMHO.
    On-call, is a terrible state of mind.

thanks guys for the advice.

No Recruiting!

Please Read Forum Rules

[Edited by HeyBob on 08-17-2006 at 03:00 PM]

Union Scale in Tidewater (South Eastern VA) local 110, in Norfolk is right under 23 dollars an hour.

r404a

NC pays less, housing is much cheaper than in northern VA. Northern VA you will have traffic, and high prices the closer to DC you are. Of course, there are many different areas of VA, with different pay scales and different costs of living. Usually the higher wage is in an area where the cost of living is higher. NC has great housing available, again, not a very high wage scale. As others have said, alot depends on your experience, and how much you are willing to commute.

I am willing to commute 1 hr. I am thinking along or near the coast, not near D.C.

Thanks