Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

More Obama arrogance

Obama once again is making decisions that he himself had stated prior that he has no right to make. Not only is Obama making the decision to give 800,000 illegal immigrants amnesty, he is telling us that it is not amnesty and that he doesn't want to be questioned about his decision. In responding to a reporter who asked him to defend his comments that by giving 800,000 illegal immigrants amnesty he is doing the right thing for Americans, he flat out tells the reporter that he does not like being questioned and has no intention of arguing over the fact that he didn't answer the question asked. Granted, the reporter was not following protocol and did interrupt Obama's bullcrap speech, but check out how Obama addresses the reporter near the end of the video; http://dailycaller.com/2012/06/15/st...e-rose-garden/

Obama says that he personally has spoken to illegal immigrants who live in fear of deportation. No surprise there; at least two of them are Obama's relatives!

Obama says that these 800,000 illegal immigrants are Americans in every way but having the paperwork. Well hell, we are all doctors and lawyers and anything else we want to be.....without the paperwork!

Obama says that these 800,000 thousand illegal immigrants will be beneficial to the U.S. in the future. He is of course referring to the fact that he will have another 800,000 votes.

OMG! (Obama Must Go!)
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

It doesn't get any more irrational and ludicrous as this. This SOB thinks he can just pass everything by executive order and bypass the voice of Americans with out question.

Makes my blood boil!

Col. Allan West commenting >>>http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d04_1339782597
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

I wonder what the Native Americans think about Immigration?, everyone's a hypocrite in this Country some are just bigger than others.

800,000 / 311, 500, 000 (US Pop) = 0.26%

800,000 jobs, not sure how that will compute.

Plus the rush of illegals given the 'green light' of amnesty. I am now backing off of my previous support of a border fence, the rush is just too much. A fence is useless.

Legal employment, basically a green card, is legal citizenship in three years I think. You can then 'sponsor' in family.

I think the "military service' exception is a faked policy, that was already in place.

Obama is trying to 'executive order' his re-election.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Gcanno View Post
    I wonder what the Native Americans think about Immigration?, everyone's a hypocrite in this Country some are just bigger than others.
    You forgot the word "illegal", oh it was not back then.

I just do not see how anyone cannot know this is purely political, for the votes and to hell with the consequences.

I would say this no matter which party did it!!

How about he does this, they cannot vote and everyone must show proof of citizenship to vote?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Pretty well accepted fact that "natives' drove out previous NATIVES. Lame point.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

"Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

"I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Quote Originally Posted by MicahWes View Post
    800,000 / 311, 500, 000 (US Pop) = 0.26%
    Give your opinion to those American citizens who are unemployed.

Then count up how many American citizen relatives each of those 800,000 illegal immigrants have who can vote.

The bottom line is that the president is not supposed to be by-passing the legal process for making laws. Obama knows that there is no way he could have ever got what he is doing past Congress.

"Native" Americans have all been dead for quite some time. Those who were the ancestors of today's decendants of native Americans lost a war. They chose the wrong side when the colonies declared independence and fought with both the English and the French Canadians against the U.S.

It may not have been fair and it may not have been moral, but it is what it is and it's time for the decendants of the losers to buck up and take control of their lives instead of continuing to whine over entitlement.

I have a lot of mixed feelings about the question of illegal immigration.
    I'm a law and order kind of guy who respects the rule of law (and not man or local hat wearer's whim.)

In the US system, we are generally lax about which laws we enforce. So many laws, so little time. Does it bring in revenue or political support to the local government? Will failure to enforce it incur a direct cost in money or political support to the governmental entity that is paying the bills.
    The president is directing the INS not to deport in certain circumstances. Slick and tricky.
    Yes it's compassionate, it does rub me the wrong way. It's pandering to a potential voting block. (illegals who vote anyway) It's not affecting his paycheck, it may affect the total school aid available to citizens but they won't feel that other than complaining about Congress and school funding allocations.

The GOP gave him the issue and he ran with it.

At the same time, I know some illegal immigrants, good people who work hard and stay out of trouble. I wouldn't want to see them deported. One of the good things about humans is we have the capacity to take care of ourselves if given the chance.

The laws as they are now are broken and no one has the political will and vision to create a viable solution.
    The laws are a patchwork of legislation administered by a under funded behemoth who is unable to react.

We need to stem the uncontrolled influx of people and make it easier to get in legally.
    What are we going to do about the 12 million that are here already. We had a 305 million total population in 2008, that made the Mexican born populace roughly 4% of the total population.
    I favor a 10 year probationary period, stay out of trouble and stay. No welfare benefits until full citizenship. Minor things like speeding tickets or broken tail lights shouldn't trigger deportation. The President's administrative policy isn't without merit. It's for those who stay out of trouble. Get into severe enough trouble and do the time and get deported.
    I also favor a fence, with guards, response teams and guns on both the northern and southern borders. In for a penny, in for a pound as the British say.

Immigration is a hard question. The illegal situation in our country is caused by failure to enforce the laws for a long time. I've heard that good fences make for good neighbors. According to 2008 data, 11% of the people born in Mexico are now living in the US. 32% of all immigrants living in the US are Mexican. At that ratio, there are 37.5m total immigrants in the US. That's a lot of burritos, pirogis, pho and pasties.

Migrant workers are an issue in almost every country.
    Illegal ones are vulnerable to being exploited, creating a lot of suffering to the advantage of the powerful. How can we create a immigrant policy that is a win-win, enabling us bring in the best and the brightest and not impoverish our citizens.

There are types of work that US citizens will take with enough pay such as in meat packing plants. Employers in the packing plant industry look for unsophisticated throw away workers, undocumented illegal workers and new immigrants fit the bill just right. Adjusted for inflation, meat packing workers make half what they did in the 1970's. My US born, farm raised parents worked in packing plants as did one of my brothers. There isn't any way they could afford to do it today. Availability of cheap desperate labor made the situation in the meat packing plants what it is today. Take away the cheap desperate labor and they will have to increase wages and improve working conditions to get the worker volume they want. Estimates say will only raise prices 3-4% at the retail level.

US citizens don't have the skills and willingness to do some migrant jobs such as crop picking.
    No interest in hot, hard, outdoor migrant work. Crops don't wait, they rot in the fields.

Some jobs like engineering, the visas bring in foreign educated workers at pay rates US citizens can't afford to pay with their school loans and all. Many of those workers rise up in responsibility and set job specifications that only certain people in their home country can meet.

I digress yet again,
    “I am for doing good to the poor, but...I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it. I observed...that the more public provisions were made for the poor, the less they provided for themselves, and of course became poorer. And, on the contrary, the less was done for them, the more they did for themselves, and became richer.”
    ― Benjamin Franklin

It doesn't matter whether we agree with the law or not, we are supposed to obey them or change them. Obama, being president, is sworn to uphold all of the laws of the U.S.....yet he continues to disregard U.S. laws whenever it suits him and he can get away with it.
    Obama administration has decided to stop following laws already passed by Congress and act as if its preferred policies are law.
    http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/oba...am-act-passed/

...and that is by someone who supports the Dream Act.

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    ................Obama says that he personally has spoken to illegal immigrants who live in fear of deportation. No surprise there; at least two of them are Obama's relatives

OMG! (Obama Must Go!)
    More to the point robo he is also an illegal alien. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    More to the point robo he is also an illegal alien. Thank you, thank you very much
    Which explains why he empathizes with illegals so much.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast