York YK blank screen

Got a call on a YK, customer stated it had a blank screen. Upon arrival opened control cabniet the two digit display on the microboard was flashing
    P2 , 05 , 04 in that order, looked in optiview service book and it looks like it was doing a self test and failed at a certian point. Reset power to the unit and still no screen, had to unplug the power supply plug at the top right hand corner of board and what do you know it board passed all self tests and display came back on any ideas? Thanks in advance

depending on the type/brand of screen that you have, you need to set the pin jumpers properly. perhaps there is a little rust/dust that has accumulated on the jumpers...move them around a little to clear the crap off.
    "If you pull one more stunt like you just pulled with Tommy, you won't have to get on a plane because I will personally kick your ass from here to Korea!" - Best of the Best

I am 99% sure its a problem with the micro since it was'nt turning oil heater on.

i had the same problem it was a micro fuse on the board was loose. they look like little capacitors but if you look closly the are fuses. the watch dog program is rebooting the program.

Could be a bad coil on the oil heater contactor dragging down the power and not letting the display fire up. By unplugging the I/O board you removed the power drain and up came the display. Something to check.