Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Venting Freon

Did I mention the tech from the contractor that replaced my outdoor unit cut the suction line with a tubing cutter?

No big deal, but as we were watching out of our window, the wife say's, why did all that steam come from our heatpump?

No reclaim machine, etc. Just letting ya in on a little info on my anger last week.

I understand, no proof.

I'm not a fast thinker, It woulda been cool though to go out and state: "this system is now free, right?" LOL

I didnt do it. I paid the bill, as stated in previos posts.

I would be calling EPA and your bank to put stop on payment.

"No reclaim machine" = air + moisture in your new system.

You are looking at buying entire new system in couple of years.

Since it was old freon it was Grandfathered. No need to reclaim/recover. At least thats the law here in Romania. But even if you reclaim/recover how do you get the old unit loose without air getting in to the old lines set? Me no learn this trick yet.
    No Heat No Cool You need Action Fast

Originally posted by browntigerus
    I would be calling EPA and your bank to put stop on payment.

"No reclaim machine" = air + moisture in your new system.

You are looking at buying entire new system in couple of years.

Since when does a reclaim machine remove air and moisture from a system?

You don't need to prove he released the freon he must document the removal... if he can't ,it's assumed he released the refrigerant into the atmosphere.

But I really doubt if you could get someone to investigate.

He should have pinched it off a little or cut it with side cutters, that way it didnt come out as fast.

Who cares that he vented freon? Its a drop in the bucket to what leaks out of systems everyday. Political B.S.

Was it a good install, and does it work good, that should be your concern.

It doesn't matter anyway. The EPA is so backlogged and understaffed that, short of you sending them a videotape of someone venting refrigerant, they can't do squat.

You say he vented it. He'll say he recovered it. I'm sure he can make up some paperwork to cover himself. Go ahead and call the EPA. They will do exactly NOTHING, because they can't.

EPA rules = useless.

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Originally posted by riderman
    Did I mention the tech from the contractor that replaced my outdoor unit cut the suction line with a tubing cutter?

No big deal, but as we were watching out of our window, the wife say's, why did all that steam come from our heatpump?

No reclaim machine, etc. Just letting ya in on a little info on my anger last week.

I understand, no proof.

I'm not a fast thinker, It woulda been cool though to go out and state: "this system is now free, right?" LOL

I didnt do it. I paid the bill, as stated in previos posts.
    Something similar happened many years back when I got my car A/C fixed. But back then, I didn't know it was illegal to vent refrigerant. (Of course, some electronic stores used to sell (and some still do) cans of Freon (R134a or R152a) in a spray can for troubleshooting intermittent problems.)

As for your system, did you notice them using a vacuum pump for at least 45 minutes?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by star882

As for your system, did you notice them using a vacuum pump for at least 45 minutes?
    What does time have to do with it?

Originally posted by star882
    (Of course, some electronic stores used to sell (and some still do) cans of Freon (R134a or R152a) in a spray can for troubleshooting intermittent problems.)
    They still sell those. Got a can right here - R134a with a spray nozzle on it, DESIGNED to be vented to atmosphere, sold to anyone without a licence, 100% legal.

To be fair, it's perfectly legal to vent R-22 to the atmosphere. That is, if you've added nitrogen to it first it becomes a "leak detection" gas and can be vented no problem.

As long as you have a recovery unit on your truck, nothing is going to happen to you. Trust me. I've worked for a guys who've had the EPA called on them, and nothing happened. They never even got a visit.

Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun.

Gee mr riderman, lighten up alittle bit, how do you know
    what he did forsure. sometimes i put my systems into a pumpdown and then cut then lines or whatever. How do you know what was in your system anyway?-- It could of been n2 or co2 from a leak test. Hell, what you do care anyway. If you raised such a stink with me i'll be damned if you got a free unit from me! And by the way, good luck on any warranty repair in the future had you called in. I have been a contractor for almost 10 years and can sense when a customer will be a pain like you! Heck, I'll bet you are the type that your check barely cleared anyway. You know this forum is to learn something about A/c! Lets try to stick with that!

Recovering does jeep moisture from getting into the system.

Unlees you have videi of everything they did while they were there, the EPA can't do anything.

Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast