Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I guess I still need him to come back out. I just feel bad calling him back out here. Do I just tell him that the unit is still not cooling properly and could he come back out? Should he charge me another service call to come back out? It has only been 7 days. I do not want to insult the man when I call him again, but he did not even go all the way up in the attic when he was here. He just cleaned and charged the outside system when he was here.

It doesnt get below 80 in our house until about this time every night.

Any help on how I can approach this without insulting him would be great.

FYI for you professionals out there in the DFW area, my email address is listed in my profile!!!

Originally posted by misty

It doesnt get below 80 in our house until about this time every night.

Any help on how I can approach this without insulting him would be great.
    Give us a little info about your home size and a/c size and age or your system if you can, that would be a good start.
    __________________________________________________ _______________________
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

Here is the link to the previous posts.

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=110478

I just simply do not want to insult him when i call him back out. I don't want to be one of those pesky homeowners who thinks they know it all, because on this I dont.

You said on your other post It was 105 here today and it is still 81 degrees in my house.

Not bad for a 14 year old low efficient system, here is an example for you on Monday it was supposed to be the hottest day so for in Houston were I live, it got up to 105 counting heat index, I have a 5-ton 14 seer "tweaked" out system on a 2500 sq .ft. home and when I got home at 5:30 PM it was 78 degrees in my home.
    Here's is what I am getting at and many here won't agree but I don't really care but even at the RUUD classes I attend a few times a year they even agree that if you can get a 20 degree difference from outdoor to indoor that is about what can be expected from a "properly" sized system not oversized.
    “Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards". - Vernon Law

"Never let success go to your head, and never let failure go to your heart". - Unknown

If he charged the unit he should have told you that a sealed system only needs more refrigerant when there is a leak somewhere.You should expect to pay for a leak search though.They can be time consuming.
    Take your time & do it right!

Well since you are from Houston, then you know that here in DFW we are expecting the "cold front" to come in here in about 45 minutes my second thought was maybe to wait it out and see if when we do actually get that cool front my system works better????? I don't want to jump the gun by calling him and wasting his time because all the sudden I have been reading a message board for the last week!!

Which by the way, I am still just blown away by this message board, there is all kinds of good information on this board, crap I dont even get!! Not that i should either.

Originally posted by markwolf
    If he charged the unit he should have told you that a sealed system only needs more refrigerant when there is a leak somewhere.You should expect to pay for a leak search though.They can be time consuming.
    Ok question, I know that the last time it was "charged" was back in 2002 and didnt take much. It was charged the other day it he put 1.5 R-2 in it. Shouldnt units be expected to lose some amount sealed or not??? dunno, that is why i asked???

Shouldnt units be expected to lose some amount sealed or not?
    No!

So you are saying that people pay for a "re-charge" all the time with out asking why it is leaking??? dont I feel like a dumb ass all the sudden. You can find me in my hole where I will have crawled to after reading that answer.

Gosh my next husband is going to be a cross between these 3 things:

HVAC Tech/Plumber/Mechanic

Now that my friends would be the perfect man!

So you are saying that people pay for a "re-charge" all the time with out asking why it is leaking???
    Yes folks do pay to get their system charged if it's low on freon happens all the time if the system has a leak, but if you have a system with a leak of .5 lb. in 5-years well pay to get it charged back up correctly and "if" while he is there and you have the money for him to look for such a small leak well ask him to search for the leak, personally I can't justify looking for a small leak like that but if the customer insists and wants to pay hey I am at your service.

You know it is hot and that your system has always kept your home comfortable in the past. It has not worked properly since he was last there. You have not recieve the service that you have already paid for (service charge). Be sure of this; Additional parts and labor will be charged.
    If this service tech is trying his best to avoid going into the attic, you will end up paying much more than you should and still not be cool.(He can schedule the work for early morning or late evening.) You would be wise to find another service tech and pay another service charge.
    IcyFlame

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast