View Poll Results: With what you know now how would you decide

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder 2

    6 11.76%
  • Guilty of Manslaughter

    11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

    4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

    30 58.82%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 189
  1. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,700
    From most of the attitudes on this thread I doubt very few posting have ever fathered or raised a child.

  2. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    From most of the attitudes on this thread I doubt very few posting have ever fathered or raised a child.
    I agree.

    Could you imagine these guys saying that their sons deserve to be dead because they punched a guy who stalked them and then confronted them face-to-face in a dark secluded area?

    I still believe this is way more about race than anyone is letting on. I’d like to see the vote if the race component was reversed. And, where is the defense for the hot-headed black guys that shoot white guys for cutting through thier hood?

  3. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,858

    What Is A Zimmerman Thread?

    A Moot Point

    A debatable question, an issue open to argument; also, an irrelevant question, a matter of no importance. For example, Whether Shakespeare actually wrote the poem remains a moot point among critics , or It's a moot point whether the chicken or the egg came first . This term originated in British law where it described a point for discussion in a moot , or assembly, of law students. By the early 1700s it was being used more loosely in the present sense.

  4. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,549
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I wrote a response to Glenns last comment about me but it turned out so bizarre and went sooooooooo off topic I deleted it....

    I will respond again but I think I need to let my head clear a bit.
    Hey lighten up corny. You are the one who has said more than once that you have starter several fights and got your ass whipped. I was simply commenting that that sort of thing can get a fella killed in a right to carry state or even in NY, NY.

    Once had a buddy from Nam who got shot to death in NY city in 73 three years after going home. Got into an argument in a bar and they stepped outside and the next thing that happened was they found him dead in the parking lot. Got this from another Nam buddy from NY city.

    We all served in the same unit and looked them up in the fall of 70 when I got discharged in Sept of 70 at Ft Dix, NJ. Hopped a bus to NY and all three of us had a good night on the town (they were Irish). All most got into it with some PRs. They got thrown out of the club and then the management asked us to leave after they left.

    One of them spilled a drink on me walking by and my buddies and I hollered at the jerks who were acting macho. They drew back like they wanted a fight and my friend stepped right away and the bouncer kicked the AHs out. He was a little hot headed apparently like you and that got him killed.

    I have two sons by the way and none of them get into fights or have attitude. When I was Martin's age I was respectful of authority and I never would have got upset at Zimmerman asking me "what's up". Just respectfully told him I was going home. I wouldn't push back on a neighbor watch guy doing his job, not al all and definitely not attack him.

    That is where I'm coming from corny. We apparently have two different personalities and beliefs entirely on this issue. I stand by what I said though. Not that I want any harm to come to you but you do or have practiced very risky behavior in the past. Thank you, thank you very much

    55% now say Not Guilty
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  5. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,858

  6. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,163
    The poll was based on what each of us knows at this time, how would we decide. It is not how we think the jury will decide but us personally. It is not whether or not if we think Zimm is guilty or not but how WE would decide. I might think deep down inside Zimm is guitly as sin but if I'm not convinced of his guilt, then I find not guilty of anything.

    I hope one lesson that comes out of this case is how both men had ample opportunity to avert this situatino and both probably contributed to it in hindsight.

    For me, you are innocent until PROVEN guilty. So far, I have not been convinced of his guilt. There are certainly scenarios where with more evidence, it might be proven but using the test of 'beyond a reasonable doubt', I don't see where the case has been made. Perhaps some slam dunk evidence will come out in court but I haven't seen it yet. That's my take on it. However, I feel I remain open and objective, which a few here clearly are not. Open and objective implies more than one possibility. An absolutists is not open or objective.

  7. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,700
    Nobody is innocent until proven guilty in the court of public opinion........

    OJ, Casey Anthony.... both skewered in the court of public opinion......but both walked.....because a jury of their peers found reasonable doubt in the prosecutions case.

    And in my opinion....both are cold blooded killers...... but of course my opinion doesnt matter as I didnt sit on the jury for either case.

    Zimmerman didnt need to follow that kid..... its as simple as that.

    By the way... and just for you racist ***** who will find it humorous...... tray was carrying a watermelon flavored arizona iced tea.

    Its in the evidence photos that have been released.

  8. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,700
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Hey lighten up corny. You are the one who has said more than once that you have starter several fights and got your ass whipped. I was simply commenting that that sort of thing can get a fella killed in a right to carry state or even in NY, NY.

    Once had a buddy from Nam who got shot to death in NY city in 73 three years after going home. Got into an argument in a bar and they stepped outside and the next thing that happened was they found him dead in the parking lot. Got this from another Nam buddy from NY city.

    We all served in the same unit and looked them up in the fall of 70 when I got discharged in Sept of 70 at Ft Dix, NJ. Hopped a bus to NY and all three of us had a good night on the town (they were Irish). All most got into it with some PRs. They got thrown out of the club and then the management asked us to leave after they left.

    One of them spilled a drink on me walking by and my buddies and I hollered at the jerks who were acting macho. They drew back like they wanted a fight and my friend stepped right away and the bouncer kicked the AHs out. He was a little hot headed apparently like you and that got him killed.

    I have two sons by the way and none of them get into fights or have attitude. When I was Martin's age I was respectful of authority and I never would have got upset at Zimmerman asking me "what's up". Just respectfully told him I was going home. I wouldn't push back on a neighbor watch guy doing his job, not al all and definitely not attack him.

    That is where I'm coming from corny. We apparently have two different personalities and beliefs entirely on this issue. I stand by what I said though. Not that I want any harm to come to you but you do or have practiced very risky behavior in the past. Thank you, thank you very much

    55% now say Not Guilty
    Thats what this forum is all about Glenn...opinions..... yours differs from mine.... but its all good.... If we all agreed on the same things it would be a very boring forum.

  9. #61
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,549
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    .............OJ, Casey Anthony.... both skewered in the court of public opinion......but both walked.....because a jury of their peers found reasonable doubt in the prosecutions case.....
    With all due respect corny I do disagree with that statement in regards to the OJ case. Everyone in the world knew he was guilty beyond any reasonable doubt including the jury. He was let go because 11 Black jurors who didn't care how guilty or innocent he was.

    IMHO it was because he was an Icon, a hero, etc the greatest Black football player of modern times. That was why he was found innocent. They celebrated and cheered. The lone White woman on the jury was brow beaten into going along with the rest and she said after the trial that she thought OJ was guilty as sin but couldn't stand the pressure from the other jurors so she relented and went along with the rest.

    They managed to get two other White jurors thrown off because they wouldn't go along and were accused of not paying attention, deliberating and being too argumentative and the judge went along. They wanted to get out of that hell hole of the jury room anyhow.

    You are correct on the Casey case. I wasn't there but the jurors just claimed that the case wasn't proven sufficiently but they did think she was guilty. Good man corny you got 1 out of 2 right here. Just kidding. Have a good night. Thank you, thank you very mucn
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  10. #62
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I agree.

    Could you imagine these guys saying that their sons deserve to be dead because they punched a guy who stalked them and then confronted them face-to-face in a dark secluded area?

    I still believe this is way more about race than anyone is letting on. Iíd like to see the vote if the race component was reversed. And, where is the defense for the hot-headed black guys that shoot white guys for cutting through thier hood?
    Your'e calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist ? Thats so week. Truth is the real racist are the ones that are calling for immediate action against Zimmerman because they were dumb enough to buy into the medias manufactured racial component.

    Also who stupid enough to start a fist fight in a state with conceal carry permits ??

    The defenders of martin have to resort to dishonesty to make their point.

    Its not about race and martin didnt just punch him. he was slamming his head unto the side walk

  11. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,372
    Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    Youíre calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a racist ? Thatís so week. Truth is the real racists are the ones that are calling for immediate action against Zimmerman because they were dumb enough to buy into the medias manufactured racial component.
    I didnít call anyone a racist. That is a very strong word. I said race plays a part in their decision. And I think it is disgusting how the media backs Martin, but that doesnít affect my decision.

    Also who stupid enough to start a fist fight in a state with conceal carry permits??
    A conceal carry law doesnít give someone the right to instigate a fight, no throw the first punch, but blow the other guy away when a fight ensues. Zimmerman walked into a fight.

    The defenders of martin have to resort to dishonesty to make their point.
    The defenders of Zimmerman must rely on his story being an honest one, which is a stretch.

    Itís not about race and martin didnít just punch him. He was slamming his head unto the side walk
    After the first punch, anything goes. If he got his teeth knocked out, so be it. Itís what happens in a fight. Zimmerman was in control of the situation and should have never got close enough to Martin for a fight to break out. Real men donít settle fist fights with a gun. Havenít you ever seen a western movie?

    Iím sure Floridaís conceal carry law was intended for protection of crime victims, not guys who look for trouble and get their ass beat.

  12. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Paper Street Soap Company
    Posts
    2,304
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I didnít call anyone a racist. That is a very strong word. I said race plays a part in their decision. And I think it is disgusting how the media backs Martin, but that doesnít affect my decision.



    A conceal carry law doesnít give someone the right to instigate a fight, no throw the first punch, but blow the other guy away when a fight ensues. Zimmerman walked into a fight.



    The defenders of Zimmerman must rely on his story being an honest one, which is a stretch.



    After the first punch, anything goes. If he got his teeth knocked out, so be it. Itís what happens in a fight. Zimmerman was in control of the situation and should have never got close enough to Martin for a fight to break out. Real men donít settle fist fights with a gun. Havenít you ever seen a western movie?

    Iím sure Floridaís conceal carry law was intended for protection of crime victims, not guys who look for trouble and get their ass beat.

    Your using the race card to bolster your argument where no racial component exist. Its a racist way of settling a debate.

    Also the guy that killed the low life in Texas that was raping his daughter. How did he kill him ?

    Your assertion that real men dont use guns in a fist fight only works in fairy tale land.

    Also having your head slammed into the concrete isnt exactly a fistt fight.

    You have every right to use deadly force in the real world to stop some one from beating on you.

    How do you know he's going to stop at just an ass kicking ?

    You dont .

  13. #65
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,858
    I'm partial to my own race.
    Somebody doesn't like that, it's their problem, not mine.

    Comm, you're pi$$in' up a rope trying to make your point to some members here.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event