11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

30 58.82%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Admit it Brian you are a liberal. Thank you very much
    So what if he, or anyone else, is a liberal? Does that in any way change the fact that Zimmerman cowardly stalked a teenager knowing he had the ability to use deadly force if things didn't go his way?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Following that logic, Zimm would have drawn his weapon to protect himself from ambush or hold the suspect for the cops. Since there is no evidence of his pursuing with his weapon drawn, one could conclude he did not anticipate encountering the suspect but was curious where the kid went and what he was up to. I have been in many tense situations where violence was anticipated and I can assure you that when I was off duty, I had a weapon at the ready and while on duty as a paramedic, the cops had their weapons drawn or a hand on the grips. You don't go into the Valley Of Death with your weapon in its case unless you are a moronic sheep looking to get slaughtered.

Most people who carry do not go hunting trouble. They carry for 'defense'--not 'offense'. Generally, when people go on the offense, they have their weapon at the ready whether hunting deer or people.

You also ASSume Zimm 'approached' Martin, which implies again hunting. How do you know he didn't 'stumble' onto him or get ambushed? You don't.
    There is no evidence that Zimmerman did not have his gun drawn as he continued to "hunt down" Martin. Nor is there any evidence that both Zimmerman AND Martin both completely changed their attitudes in the last minute before Zimmerman murdered Martin. There is absolutely no evidence that Zimmerman suddenly stopped stalking Martin and turned completely around to walk back to his vehicle and there is absolutely no evidence that Martin suddenly stopped walking away from Zimmerman to get to where he was staying, within a few dozen feet from where he was murdered, to start following a retreating Zimmerman. All evidence indicates that Zimmerman's claim to this effect is a complete lie. It is you who are doing the ASSuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Exactly
    Good. You are getting fascinated with someone else. Maybe he will spoon with you...

Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    More of your half baked theory , a theory btw is an unproven idea, kinda like evolution.
    In any case , you and robo continue to spin this without having any first hand knowledge besides what the media whores are telling you.
    This coming from someone who has fantasized so much about spooning with me that he has posted that he actually did.....oh yea....who da whore now?

Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    And you base your opinion on what Somedude....... You cant trust zimmerman because he has no way to back up his story.....he killed a man and he is going to say anything he has to in order to keep from going to jail.

I dont care if zims neighborhood was overrun by hoodlums.... he still should have called the police....like he had done before and waited for them to respond.

There is no reason in this world that trayvon should be dead... I know he is a black kid that smoked pot and to many americans that is a good reason.....but in the real world it was just another wrongfull death.

He saw a lone vulnerable kid walking thru his hood......he fiqured it would make a nice story to tell at his criminal whatever school..... he did something stupid and ended up killing an innocent person....

He needs to be punished for it just because he wont learn his lesson from his stupid mistakes unless he is punished in some form.

If he gets away with it he will probably be out here standing outside 7-11s popping every black kid he sees.

Anyhow.... none of us know the true facts of this case because we are never going to have two sides of the story to judge the facts from.

Zimmermans fate is in the hands of the legal system and that means if his lawyers are better than the prosecution...he will walk...... If his lawyers are a couple of dumbasses then he is going to jail.

Thats what justice is in america..... good lawyers set you free....bad lawyers get you put away.

Evidence and facts mean nothing in a court of law when it all comes down to it.

We saw that with OJ.....
    I may not like doing so, but I have to once again agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    I can see that you like good lawyers corny because you must need them with all those fights you start. I'm also surprised that you are still breathing since in right to carry states you can get blown away for that just like your buddy Trayvon there.

It's unfortunate that Trayvon had to learn his lesson the hard way. Right now it is Zimmerman that we should be concerned about here. Don't want to see him hung out to dry on the alter of PC and mob rule.

You should ask your good neighbors what they think about it. My relatives in Tennessee see it Zimmerman's way. Thank you, thank you very much
    Martin did not learn any lesson. Martin was murdered by someone I wouldn't let near my family, who so far has not learned his lesson from any of the multiple acts of violence he has commited over the years. At least Zimmerman may stop causing so much trouble and acting out so violently against so many others if he is found guilty of at least something.

Zimmerman has already paid a great deal for his actions. If I was on his jury given what we currently know I would not convict. He would go on his way with his life as he knows it destroyed. That's enough.
    "No matter how thirsty your imagination, mirages contain no water"

I wrote a response to Glenns last comment about me but it turned out so bizarre and went sooooooooo off topic I deleted it....

I will respond again but I think I need to let my head clear a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Zimmerman has already paid a great deal for his actions. If I was on his jury given what we currently know I would not convict. He would go on his way with his life as he knows it destroyed. That's enough.
    Id say the cops have some evidence or something...... I dont think that they charged that fetal position taking coward just because a bunch of people got up in arms about it.

Might not be enough to convict but then again it might be.

We just dont know.....

Some posts have been reported. Careful with the inflammatory or insulting comments please.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    There is no evidence that Zimmerman did not have his gun drawn as he continued to "hunt down" Martin. Nor is there any evidence that both Zimmerman AND Martin both completely changed their attitudes in the last minute before Zimmerman murdered Martin. There is absolutely no evidence that Zimmerman suddenly stopped stalking Martin and turned completely around to walk back to his vehicle and there is absolutely no evidence that Martin suddenly stopped walking away from Zimmerman to get to where he was staying, within a few dozen feet from where he was murdered, to start following a retreating Zimmerman. All evidence indicates that Zimmerman's claim to this effect is a complete lie. It is you who are doing the ASSuming.
    Is that all your have Robo--a lack of what evidence proves his guilt? If there are no witnesses claiming to have seen a drawn gun then how do you ASSume he did? There was the one witness who saw Martin on top of Zimm. That's kinda' hard to achieve against someone with a drawn gun. If the gun was drawn and Zimm was stalking Martin, how did Martin end up on top of Zimm without getting shot by a guy you alledge was hunting him. In most cases, people tend to shoot someone before they get too close. That's why they use guns instead of knives. If Martin ambushed Zimm and Zimm had his gun drawn, would he wrestle control of the gun and either shoot Zimm or hold him at gunpoint or wrestle with Zimm, get on top of him, IGNORE THE GUN and instead hit his head?

Admit it Robo, you are desperate to convict and execute Zimm in this case regardless of facts or a dearth thereof. Conviction takes proof beyond a reasonable doubt, which is a much higher standard of care than a preponderance of evidence as required in civil trials. That means the jury has to weigh all these scenarios then determine which fits not near or up to but BEYOND a reasonable doubt. That's a stiff benchmark to make, especially when much of the evidence to convict is circumstantial. Undoubtedly more evidence will come out in court. Some will be diminished and some will be disallowed. It will be interesting and I hope IF Zimm is guilty that the facts bear this and he gets convicted to the charge and degree comensurate with crime. Otherwise, he walks.

In the meantime, I'd appreciate you cleaning up your language and knock off the sexual inuendos and connotations. No place for it here and you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Conviction takes proof beyond a reasonable doubt…
    Not so. A jury will convict or acquit on whatever evidence they feel like.

It has to do with who has the better attorney. Who spun the best evidence or reasonable doubt. And most of all, what baggage and gullibility each juror came into the courtroom with.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Not so. A jury will convict or acquit on whatever evidence they feel like.

It has to do with who has the better attorney. Who spun the best evidence or reasonable doubt. And most of all, what baggage and gullibility each juror came into the courtroom with.
    You may have something there.
    The law in essence is based of one thing and it isnt right or wrong, its based on
    ' what can be proven'
    In an American society so degenerated they elected obummer, nothing would surprise me.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101114 ... LastLast