View Poll Results: With what you know now how would you decide

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder 2

    6 11.76%
  • Guilty of Manslaughter

    11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

    4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

    30 58.82%
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 189
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Funny that is a lot more than poor judgment that is participating in a crime and you are held guilty. Now everyone is guilty of poor judgement every day and they aren't arrested for that. Nearly everyone who commits a crime can be considered using poor judgement. Let's get real.

    Second comment is equally wrong and way off. It is a crime to discharge a firearm within a 100 yards of a public road in Georgia. If in the process of doing that you shot someone even accidentally you can be charged for manslaughter instead of accidentally killing someone like in a hunting accident and maybe a misdemeanor charge of negligent homicide. Where did you get your law degree at there Brian? I rest my case. Thank you, thank you very much
    The poor judgment I am referring to is Zimmerman legally tailing Martin, then approaching him and questioning him in an assertive way. It is legal to do that but Zimmerman should have shown good judgment and not instigated a confrontation that he knew he could only settle with his gun. It’s like staring at a pair of big breasts, saying to her “nice rack” and she slaps you. Is she guilty of battery? No, not a chance, because you used poor judgment. It’s not legal for Martin to punch Zimmerman, but a reasonable person would have expected that.

    I wonder how many of the “Not Guilty” crowd voted that way because they want to believe the lying, aggressive, wanna-be cop Zimmerman’s story. Or did they vote that way because they feel its payback time for the thugs of society?

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    The poor judgment I am referring to is Zimmerman legally tailing Martin, then approaching him and questioning him in an assertive way. It is legal to do that but Zimmerman should have shown good judgment and not instigated a confrontation that he knew he could only settle with his gun. It’s like staring at a pair of big breasts, saying to her “nice rack” and she slaps you. Is she guilty of battery? No, not a chance, because you used poor judgment. It’s not legal for Martin to punch Zimmerman, but a reasonable person would have expected that.

    I wonder how many of the “Not Guilty” crowd voted that way because they want to believe the lying, aggressive, wanna-be cop Zimmerman’s story. Or did they vote that way because they feel its payback time for the thugs of society?
    Not to punch a bunch of holes in your theory but.
    Zimmerman had no way of knowing that he would have to use his gun, his neighborhood had been overrun by zero's breaking into many houses, how was he to know crayon was going to bash his head against the road and break his nose.
    Its nothing like looking at cleavage , see its only sexual harassment if they DONT think your cute, otherwise they should cover up if they dont want to be stared at, i promise, if i yank the tip of my boxers out of my fly everyones eyes will be drawn there to.

    Your last question is kinda weak as well, im sure there are many reasons why people voted the way they did.
    Myself, i voted that way because someone has to stand up to the wicked hyperbole of the liberal media, the only times they state facts is by accident, who knows how much we dont know , and never will.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,225
    I cast my vote for manslaughter. Didnt know whether to choose involuntary or not.

    I dont believe zimmerman set out to waste another human being that night but I believe he was very careless and reckless in his actions and that led to lamonts death.

    I also wish Zimmerman could be charged with being a coward....because that is what he truly is....

    Hes the coward of whatever county he lives in..........

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,730
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Zimmerman had no way of knowing that he would have to use his gun,
    Zimmerman would have never approached Martin if he did not have a gun. Therefore he heavily relied on it.

    I would have never thought that someone would vote “not guilty” because voting “manslaughter” can be viewed as a liberal choice. Amazing.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Zimmerman would have never approached Martin if he did not have a gun. Therefore he heavily relied on it.

    I would have never thought that someone would vote “not guilty” because voting “manslaughter” can be viewed as a liberal choice. Amazing.
    Admit it Brian you are a liberal. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    S.E. Pa
    Posts
    6,290

    Thumbs down logic does not hold

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Zimmerman would have never approached Martin if he did not have a gun. Therefore he heavily relied on it.

    I would have never thought that someone would vote “not guilty” because voting “manslaughter” can be viewed as a liberal choice. Amazing.
    Following that logic, Zimm would have drawn his weapon to protect himself from ambush or hold the suspect for the cops. Since there is no evidence of his pursuing with his weapon drawn, one could conclude he did not anticipate encountering the suspect but was curious where the kid went and what he was up to. I have been in many tense situations where violence was anticipated and I can assure you that when I was off duty, I had a weapon at the ready and while on duty as a paramedic, the cops had their weapons drawn or a hand on the grips. You don't go into the Valley Of Death with your weapon in its case unless you are a moronic sheep looking to get slaughtered.

    Most people who carry do not go hunting trouble. They carry for 'defense'--not 'offense'. Generally, when people go on the offense, they have their weapon at the ready whether hunting deer or people.

    You also ASSume Zimm 'approached' Martin, which implies again hunting. How do you know he didn't 'stumble' onto him or get ambushed? You don't.

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Following that logic, Zimm would have drawn his weapon to protect himself from ambush or hold the suspect for the cops. Since there is no evidence of his pursuing with his weapon drawn, one could conclude he did not anticipate encountering the suspect but was curious where the kid went and what he was up to. I have been in many tense situations where violence was anticipated and I can assure you that when I was off duty, I had a weapon at the ready and while on duty as a paramedic, the cops had their weapons drawn or a hand on the grips. You don't go into the Valley Of Death with your weapon in its case unless you are a moronic sheep looking to get slaughtered.

    Most people who carry do not go hunting trouble. They carry for 'defense'--not 'offense'. Generally, when people go on the offense, they have their weapon at the ready whether hunting deer or people.

    You also ASSume Zimm 'approached' Martin, which implies again hunting. How do you know he didn't 'stumble' onto him or get ambushed? You don't.
    Exactly
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Zimmerman would have never approached Martin if he did not have a gun. Therefore he heavily relied on it.

    I would have never thought that someone would vote “not guilty” because voting “manslaughter” can be viewed as a liberal choice. Amazing.
    More of your half baked theory , a theory btw is an unproven idea, kinda like evolution.
    In any case , you and robo continue to spin this without having any first hand knowledge besides what the media whores are telling you.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,225
    And you base your opinion on what Somedude....... You cant trust zimmerman because he has no way to back up his story.....he killed a man and he is going to say anything he has to in order to keep from going to jail.

    I dont care if zims neighborhood was overrun by hoodlums.... he still should have called the police....like he had done before and waited for them to respond.

    There is no reason in this world that trayvon should be dead... I know he is a black kid that smoked pot and to many americans that is a good reason.....but in the real world it was just another wrongfull death.

    He saw a lone vulnerable kid walking thru his hood......he fiqured it would make a nice story to tell at his criminal whatever school..... he did something stupid and ended up killing an innocent person....

    He needs to be punished for it just because he wont learn his lesson from his stupid mistakes unless he is punished in some form.

    If he gets away with it he will probably be out here standing outside 7-11s popping every black kid he sees.

    Anyhow.... none of us know the true facts of this case because we are never going to have two sides of the story to judge the facts from.

    Zimmermans fate is in the hands of the legal system and that means if his lawyers are better than the prosecution...he will walk...... If his lawyers are a couple of dumbasses then he is going to jail.

    Thats what justice is in america..... good lawyers set you free....bad lawyers get you put away.

    Evidence and facts mean nothing in a court of law when it all comes down to it.

    We saw that with OJ.....

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,942
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    And you base your opinion on what Somedude....... You cant trust zimmerman because he has no way to back up his story.....he killed a man and he is going to say anything he has to in order to keep from going to jail.

    I dont care if zims neighborhood was overrun by hoodlums.... he still should have called the police....like he had done before and waited for them to respond.

    There is no reason in this world that trayvon should be dead... I know he is a black kid that smoked pot and to many americans that is a good reason.....but in the real world it was just another wrongfull death.

    He saw a lone vulnerable kid walking thru his hood......he fiqured it would make a nice story to tell at his criminal whatever school..... he did something stupid and ended up killing an innocent person....

    He needs to be punished for it just because he wont learn his lesson from his stupid mistakes unless he is punished in some form.

    If he gets away with it he will probably be out here standing outside 7-11s popping every black kid he sees.

    Anyhow.... none of us know the true facts of this case because we are never going to have two sides of the story to judge the facts from.

    Zimmermans fate is in the hands of the legal system and that means if his lawyers are better than the prosecution...he will walk...... If his lawyers are a couple of dumbasses then he is going to jail.

    Thats what justice is in america..... good lawyers set you free....bad lawyers get you put away.

    Evidence and facts mean nothing in a court of law when it all comes down to it.

    We saw that with OJ.....
    I can see that you like good lawyers corny because you must need them with all those fights you start. I'm also surprised that you are still breathing since in right to carry states you can get blown away for that just like your buddy Trayvon there.

    It's unfortunate that Trayvon had to learn his lesson the hard way. Right now it is Zimmerman that we should be concerned about here. Don't want to see him hung out to dry on the alter of PC and mob rule.

    You should ask your good neighbors what they think about it. My relatives in Tennessee see it Zimmerman's way. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    This absolutely a geer / lefty rhetoric tactic robo,,,again,, get your head fixed , you have lost it.
    Now that you've admitted to your sexual desire for me, we know better then to pay any attention to anything you now say about me. No means; NO!
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Dude View Post
    Not to punch a bunch of holes in your theory but.
    Zimmerman had no way of knowing that he would have to use his gun, his neighborhood had been overrun by zero's breaking into many houses, how was he to know crayon was going to bash his head against the road and break his nose.
    Its nothing like looking at cleavage , see its only sexual harassment if they DONT think your cute, otherwise they should cover up if they dont want to be stared at, i promise, if i yank the tip of my boxers out of my fly everyones eyes will be drawn there to.

    Your last question is kinda weak as well, im sure there are many reasons why people voted the way they did.
    Myself, i voted that way because someone has to stand up to the wicked hyperbole of the liberal media, the only times they state facts is by accident, who knows how much we dont know , and never will.
    What? Are you now channeling Zimmerman?

    Yanking your boxers out of your fly didn't do anything for me or any other guy you've done that to. It's time you came up with a new come on for those you are sexually attracted to.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,973
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    I cast my vote for manslaughter. Didnt know whether to choose involuntary or not.

    I dont believe zimmerman set out to waste another human being that night but I believe he was very careless and reckless in his actions and that led to lamonts death.

    I also wish Zimmerman could be charged with being a coward....because that is what he truly is....

    Hes the coward of whatever county he lives in..........
    I voted the same and pretty much feel the same about Zimmerman. I've known too many cowardly liars who act just like Zimmerman.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891013 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event