View Poll Results: With what you know now how would you decide

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder 2

    6 11.76%
  • Guilty of Manslaughter

    11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

    4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

    30 58.82%
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast
Results 170 to 182 of 189
  1. #170
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Do you just don't know how to read, or are you incapable of understanding what others post? I have consistantly stated that I do not believe that Zimmerman's killing Martin had anything to do with Zimmerman being a racist...EVER!

    I have posted that in my opinion some of you who made comments about your opinions that Martin was just going to be a criminal and so deserved to die might have some issues about those of certain ethnic origins. It would be interesting to see how some of you would react if some Anglo looking White guy had killed Zimmerman or if Zimmerman had killed some Anglo looking White guy. My guess is that Zimmerman would suddenly be the one who would be called the criminal.
    There you go again robo attacking me by putting words in my mouth. I never said "you" said Zimmerman was a racist. You are the one who cannot read or understand. Please reread what I posted several times. My comment was on cayman's post where he said "not presuming Zimmerman is guilty is tantamount to being a racist"

    Then I didn't refer directly to you when I said that this charge has been leveled at those of us who defend Zimmerman by most of the Martin supporters. No where did I refer to you in person. I mean there is, Brian, barbar, corny, etc. etc. who are defenders of Martin and who blame Zimmerman.

    Maybe someone might have said Martin deserved to die but I didn't and the rest of us didn't. So cut me a little slack there. IMO the kid was a thug with attitude which has already been shown. I never would have done what he did. If the kid was White who got killed Zimmerman would be free with no evidence that a murder had taken place.`You are to thin skinned here robo. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #171
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,275
    A legal question,

    Does a jury have to find defendant guilty or not guilty of the charged crime or are they able to find them guilty of a crime different to what they are charged with.

    For example

    Zim has been charged with second degree, can the jury find him guilty of manslaughter?

  3. #172
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,067
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    A legal question,

    Does a jury have to find defendant guilty or not guilty of the charged crime or are they able to find them guilty of a crime different to what they are charged with.

    For example

    Zim has been charged with second degree, can the jury find him guilty of manslaughter?
    I dont think so. And that was part of the problem with the Casey Anthony trial. He might be able to cop a plea for a lesser charge but if it goes to trial its murder2 or bust to my knowledge.

  4. #173
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,275
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    I dont think so. And that was part of the problem with the Casey Anthony trial. He might be able to cop a plea for a lesser charge but if it goes to trial its murder2 or bust to my knowledge.
    Thanks

  5. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Unbelievable! You are actually going to say that Martin's being caught with a baggy that had a trace amount of marijuana in it and some jewelry that was never reported as being stolen in the same league as Zimmerman, who was arrested and charged with being violent with a police officer, had a restraining order for violence against him and had been fired from one job for violence with coworkers from another job saying he was a whack job who could be calm one moment and a complete psycho the next?

    You are grasping at straws with your insistance that Martin assaulted a bus driver because there is absolutely nothing to support your claim of that. What bus driver? When did it happen? What did the bus driver do about it? What is the bus driver's name? What bus line?

    And then....you go right into racist commentary.....nice....
    Well to be sure the information is sketchy about Martin, but if this goes to trial I'm sure we will have the real dealio on Martin. You've put yourself way out on a limb here with this kid who: assualted a bus driver, was kicked out of school multiple times, uses drugs frequently, had a screw driver and womens jewelry in his school bag. The kid claims the jewelry didn't belong to him. Ok then, who's was it? The jewelry fairy didn't put it there.

    On the kids twitter feed his friend says "I didn't know you swung on a bus driver" I guess that means he set up a swing set on the bus driver and was swinging?

    You can read this fine upstanding butterflies twitter feed here:http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/th...artins-tweets/

    I have never indicated being a fan of GZ, all I am saying is Martin appears to be no angel himself and lacking any third party accounts of what happened at the moment of contact, I am not convinced that GZ attacked Martin. Therefore there simply is not enough evidence to even try him let alone convict him. Unless something comes up that none of us have heard, I would not be surprised if the judge throws the whole case out. Many smarter people than I agree including many accomplished lawyers.

    And why do you suppose the critical witness that you are talking about changed his story? Could it be that he is afraid for his life as Martin supporters are calling in death threats to pretty much anyone associated with Zimmerman? Besides, he has not changed the portiion of his statement which says one guy was on top of the other beating him. All evidence points to Zimmerman being on the bottom and being beat up. Not true with Martin. To my knowledge the only change is that he was not sure who was calling for help. Don't you think it would be strange to call for help while you are pummeling someone? I feel like I am explaining the obvious here.

    I guess you are calling me a racist in that final line. No biggie, the term racist is so cheap these days it's laughable.

  6. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Maybe you should try going to Cuba sometime when you are not staying in the home of Cuban dissidents who do not accept the way of life in Cuba.

    While the buildings are all showing 50 years of neglect and most commerce has to be done out of doors because of the poor quality of the structures, the Cuban people who still love Cuba and make the best of things are quite the likeable and friendly sort of people. Not at all like the Cuban's who flee Cuba and wind up in Florida.

    These are some very typical scenes from Cuba;
    .
    .


    Why do you think the people I stayed with were dissidents? They weren't. They also were not trying to escape. They were just ordinary people. On every occassion I went there I stayed somewhere different. I met a variety of people in Cuba. Very little of the conversation was centered around anything political.


    I know what the buildings in Cuba look like, I've been up and down the country and all around Havana.

    Perhaps you should go back, break away from the golden gringo tour for a day and mingle with ordinary folks.

    What is up with you anyway? Are you feeling ok? You've been writing some wierd stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if you really believe half of what you are writing and more just trying to get a kick out of pushing peoples buttons.

  7. #176
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Well to be sure the information is sketchy about Martin, but if this goes to trial I'm sure we will have the real dealio on Martin. You've put yourself way out on a limb here with this kid who: assualted a bus driver, was kicked out of school multiple times, uses drugs frequently, had a screw driver and womens jewelry in his school bag. The kid claims the jewelry didn't belong to him. Ok then, who's was it? The jewelry fairy didn't put it there.

    On the kids twitter feed his friend says "I didn't know you swung on a bus driver" I guess that means he set up a swing set on the bus driver and was swinging?

    You can read this fine upstanding butterflies twitter feed here:http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/26/th...artins-tweets/

    I have never indicated being a fan of GZ, all I am saying is Martin appears to be no angel himself and lacking any third party accounts of what happened at the moment of contact, I am not convinced that GZ attacked Martin. Therefore there simply is not enough evidence to even try him let alone convict him. Unless something comes up that none of us have heard, I would not be surprised if the judge throws the whole case out. Many smarter people than I agree including many accomplished lawyers.

    And why do you suppose the critical witness that you are talking about changed his story? Could it be that he is afraid for his life as Martin supporters are calling in death threats to pretty much anyone associated with Zimmerman? Besides, he has not changed the portiion of his statement which says one guy was on top of the other beating him. All evidence points to Zimmerman being on the bottom and being beat up. Not true with Martin. To my knowledge the only change is that he was not sure who was calling for help. Don't you think it would be strange to call for help while you are pummeling someone? I feel like I am explaining the obvious here.

    I guess you are calling me a racist in that final line. No biggie, the term racist is so cheap these days it's laughable.
    I am not calling you anything. It's just that you are the one who keeps bringing up racism while claiming it is me doing it.

    To me, Martin sounds like a fairly typical kid testing out waters he should not be getting into. You are ridiculous in even bringing up that accusation that Martin ever had a physical altercation with any bus driver since it is all based on some obscure tweet put out by someone completely unknown. What if you were judged by others by some of the things that you have been accused of on this site? Would it be fair for someone to claim you are all of the things that others on this site may have stated about you? If that is the case, I am an HVAC god homosexual criminal bad arse liberal conservative....

    Making excuses for everyone involved in this case to bolster your not thinking that Martin or his family are deserving of finding out what may have really happened and if Martin died because he commited a crime by attacking Zimmerman without cause or provocation is something I just don't understand. Why would you not want questions to be answered in a situation where someone who has been murdered cannot speak for himself?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  8. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Why do you think the people I stayed with were dissidents? They weren't. They also were not trying to escape. They were just ordinary people. On every occassion I went there I stayed somewhere different. I met a variety of people in Cuba. Very little of the conversation was centered around anything political.


    I know what the buildings in Cuba look like, I've been up and down the country and all around Havana.

    Perhaps you should go back, break away from the golden gringo tour for a day and mingle with ordinary folks.

    What is up with you anyway? Are you feeling ok? You've been writing some wierd stuff. I'm beginning to wonder if you really believe half of what you are writing and more just trying to get a kick out of pushing peoples buttons.
    I'm feeling fine. Better then ever, in fact. I am veggie/fruit juicing every day and have eliminated most of the drugs that were causing me problems due to side affects. But thanks for asking...

    OH! I absolutely do enjoy pushing people's buttons, but really, only for fun.

    I never took the gringo tour of Cuba. I walked into areas that are definitely not on the gringo tour. I don't think the gringo tour guides want Americans to see these billboards from Abu Graib;
    .
    .
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,741
    In the OJ trial the black community was not retaliating against the white community when they wanted OJ acquitted, they were rebelling against the justice system that is harder on them than any other race (be it justified or not). They see themselves at war with the police, the courts and prisons and did not want to hand over one more prisoner regardless of guilt. If OJ had killed two black people, they would have protected him the same.

    I believe race plays a big part in this trial too. Some of those “not guilty” voters probably think the heck with a black thug who would punch a guy for asking him a simple question. Some are very aware of the high black crime rate and feel its payback time. Some want to believe Zimmerman’s account of how it went down even though he is probably lying but there is no proof he is lying. Some think Zimmerman should be able to approach anyone, anywhere and not be physically threatened.

    I grew up around blacks and I will say they are the most physically aggressive race I’ve ever encountered. Call that statement racist, I call it fact. If Zimmerman does not know that also and thinks he can approach anyone, regardless of color and not be threatened, he’s living in dreamland. He should have weighed the risks, not relied on using deadly force, and stood down until the police came. There was no urgency because no crime was being committed.

    To those who think I’m off base with my overgeneralization of blacks let me remind you of what Jesse Jackson once said publicly. “I’m not proud of the fact that I am more afraid of being followed by a group of black than a group of whites”.

  10. #179
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    In the OJ trial the black community was not retaliating against the white community when they wanted OJ acquitted, they were rebelling against the justice system that is harder on them than any other race (be it justified or not). They see themselves at war with the police, the courts and prisons and did not want to hand over one more prisoner regardless of guilt. If OJ had killed two black people, they would have protected him the same.

    I believe race plays a big part in this trial too. Some of those “not guilty” voters probably think the heck with a black thug who would punch a guy for asking him a simple question. Some are very aware of the high black crime rate and feel its payback time. Some want to believe Zimmerman’s account of how it went down even though he is probably lying but there is no proof he is lying. Some think Zimmerman should be able to approach anyone, anywhere and not be physically threatened.

    I grew up around blacks and I will say they are the most physically aggressive race I’ve ever encountered. Call that statement racist, I call it fact. If Zimmerman does not know that also and thinks he can approach anyone, regardless of color and not be threatened, he’s living in dreamland. He should have weighed the risks, not relied on using deadly force, and stood down until the police came. There was no urgency because no crime was being committed.

    To those who think I’m off base with my overgeneralization of blacks let me remind you of what Jesse Jackson once said publicly. “I’m not proud of the fact that I am more afraid of being followed by a group of black than a group of whites”.
    Well Brian I see you do see some things clearly. I agree with you on OJ and the general behavior of young Blacks. However they are living in our world and need to know you just can't go off on everyone who you get pissed with for what ever reason. Zimmerman doesn't have a master's degree in physcology and shouldn't have to fight for his life in order to ask a stranger with a hoodie on what he is up to. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  11. #180
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well Brian I see you do see some things clearly. I agree with you on OJ and the general behavior of young Blacks. However they are living in our world and need to know you just can't go off on everyone who you get pissed with for what ever reason. Zimmerman doesn't have a master's degree in physcology and shouldn't have to fight for his life in order to ask a stranger with a hoodie on what he is up to. Thank you, thank you very much
    Judging by his documented history of violence with others, Zimmerman should not have ever been allowed to be a neighborhood watch person. I'd like to see Zimmerman go into a real hood and mouth demand hooded strangers there to identify themselves.....Zimmerman's puss who has to initiate violent outbursts to keep him from wetting himself. Hmmm, I guess the police didn't check to see if Zimmerman did wet himself the night he murdered Martin.

    What ever happened to the claims that Zimmerman was so fraught with grief and dispair over killing someone? Zimmerman's family and legal begals all claimed that Zimmerman was crying himself to sleep over having killed Martin. Has anyone seen even a hint of remorse from Zimmerman? Even his so called apology to the Zimmerman family, who he was not even addressing during his lame excuse for why he killed Martin or his blatant lie that he thought that Martin was much older, had any emotion to it whatsoever.

    Zimmerman very well could be someone who is devoid of emotion other then that which benefits him directly.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  12. #181
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    11,874
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Judging by his documented history of violence with others, Zimmerman should not have ever been allowed to be a neighborhood watch person. I'd like to see Zimmerman go into a real hood and mouth demand hooded strangers there to identify themselves.....Zimmerman's puss who has to initiate violent outbursts to keep him from wetting himself. Hmmm, I guess the police didn't check to see if Zimmerman did wet himself the night he murdered Martin.

    What ever happened to the claims that Zimmerman was so fraught with grief and dispair over killing someone? Zimmerman's family and legal begals all claimed that Zimmerman was crying himself to sleep over having killed Martin. Has anyone seen even a hint of remorse from Zimmerman? Even his so called apology to the Zimmerman family, who he was not even addressing during his lame excuse for why he killed Martin or his blatant lie that he thought that Martin was much older, had any emotion to it whatsoever.




    Zimmerman very well could be someone who is devoid of emotion other then that which benefits him directly.



    You're a thick headed sot, aren't you? (correct spelling look it up) Again,
    not everyone thinks like you.

  13. #182
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,955
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Judging by his documented history of violence with others, Zimmerman should not have ever been allowed to be a neighborhood watch person. I'd like to see Zimmerman go into a real hood and mouth demand hooded strangers there to identify themselves.....Zimmerman's puss who has to initiate violent outbursts to keep him from wetting himself. Hmmm, I guess the police didn't check to see if Zimmerman did wet himself the night he murdered Martin.

    What ever happened to the claims that Zimmerman was so fraught with grief and dispair over killing someone? Zimmerman's family and legal begals all claimed that Zimmerman was crying himself to sleep over having killed Martin. Has anyone seen even a hint of remorse from Zimmerman? Even his so called apology to the Zimmerman family, who he was not even addressing during his lame excuse for why he killed Martin or his blatant lie that he thought that Martin was much older, had any emotion to it whatsoever.

    Zimmerman very well could be someone who is devoid of emotion other then that which benefits him directly.
    I suspect that Zimmerman's morning for Martin being killed has been ended by the concern for his on life with the PC justice system going after him and the mob shouting for his head.

    Perhaps some good may come out of this after all. Maybe thugs might understand they just can't attack some one trying to beat them senseless for asking them what they are up to. Seems pretty basic to me but Martin never figured that out I guess. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4789101112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event