View Poll Results: With what you know now how would you decide

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder 2

    6 11.76%
  • Guilty of Manslaughter

    11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

    4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

    30 58.82%
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 143 of 189
  1. #131
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Show me a communist regime that allows freedom of speech, freedom of expression, the right to pursue your god given talents without being catogorized and dispatched by the government. Show me a communist regime that doesn't sensor almost all forms of human interaction in one way or another. Show me a communist regime that doesn't arrest those who are vocal against the regime. Show me a communist regime in which the officials are elected by the people and not some sort of polit bureau.

    Show me that, and I'll explain the morality differences between communism and an elected republic gov.

    I have no problem with others calling us immoral, I think they are wrong and we are right.
    Go out of the U.S. and book a trip to Havana, Cuba for your answers. While the things you state are fundamentally true, they are not a reality. The Cuban people speak quite frankly and freely about their restrictions, and how they get around them. Only when opposition to government becomes a threat to government does the Communist government act. Remember, those soldiers and police who have to monitor the people and make the arrests are themselves part of the population with family that has to work within the restrictions as well.

    As far as morality, I witnessed a more overall moral population of people in Havana then I have any where else I have ever been. The Cuban people have no inclination to commit crimes that will result in their being jailed or disappearing, so the streets of Havana are a lot safer then the streets of most U.S. cities. Having to heavily rely on one another because of government restrictions, the Cuban people have simply become a very friendly and trustworthy people. I had situations with pimps selling their alleged sisters (good looking, healthy young women) who I would trust more then most American business persons. It was a bizarre atmosphere, but did not take long to understand the rationale behind it.

    As for the Communist regime, it can't be any worse than what the U.S. government is as far as morality.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  2. #132
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by the dangling wrangler View Post
    Some of the members here want a public lynching, not justice.
    Seems like, if you don't see things their way, you're nothing but pure evil.

    Zimmerman is not Richard Kuklinski.
    What justice was being done before Zimmerman was finally charged with a crime? You accuse others of wanting a public lynching while supporting someone who performed a personal execution. Whose justice are you so concerned with?

    If Zimmerman is not guilty of having caused Martin's death without having been the reason for the physical altercation that resulted in Zimmerman shooting Martin, then so be it. Why should Zimmerman not have to show responsibility for his actions, especially when his actions resulted in the death of an American teenager who prior to coming into contact with Zimmerman was doing nothing illegal?

    It sounds more like those who support Zimmerman not having to show responsibility for his actions are the ones who oppose justice.....for some...
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  3. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    It's a waste because the communists were allowed to win. So to that extent I would agree.

    However it seems that you believe there is no moral difference between a regime who is fighting, dying and killing in order to reign supreme authority over it's population and an army fighting, dying and killing in order to preserve basic human freedom and dignity.

    If you can make no moral distinction between the two, I shrug my shoulders and shake my head like I do all the time. We have no shortage of people in this country who think exactly the way you do.

    If i accept your argument, then the cause of the spread of communism should have been attacked at source, Russia or China or Visa Versa Russia or China attacking USA to rid capitalism. (Do just add refrigerant or do you repair the leak) NO did not happen, just bully boys shyting in some other playing field.
    Two wrongs do not make a right



    Personally I find it sickening and it sounds like Glenn has you pegged pretty good. People like you don't deserve freedom. Perhaps you would do better in Vietnam or N. korea.
    You and Glenn can peg me which ever way you want. I will give you the same right I gave Glenn, you can call me what ever you want.
    Because I do not prescribe to your ways, you want to remove my freedom, Sounds familiar, A bit of a contradiction! May be it is you who would best be suited to N. Korea

  4. #134
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    I would be interested in this as well. Since there is nothing to support Zimmerman's claims that can't be explained more rationally and there is plenty of evidence, both physical and from an earwitness that suggests Zimmerman's story is not true, along with the now documented fact that Zimmerman is prone to lie to anyone and everyone.....well, I'd just like to know too.
    I believe the ear witness you are referring to is the girlfriend..right?

    After the phone went dead, did she call 911? Did she call Trayvon's parents? Did she call anyone?...hmmm

    Something seems very fishy with the girlfriend. I suspect this like much of the other media hype will come unraveled.

    I think we are going to learn a lot more about Trayvon, his girlfriend and his parents if this goes to trial. I'm betting it won't.

  5. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    You and Glenn can peg me which ever way you want. I will give you the same right I gave Glenn, you can call me what ever you want.
    Because I do not prescribe to your ways, you want to remove my freedom, Sounds familiar, A bit of a contradiction! May be it is you who would best be suited to N. Korea
    Oh please, you wreak of pacifist. As if a "guy" like you would have supported a war with Russia or China and the total nuclear annihilation that would certainly go with it.

    I don't need you to give me anything. Are you saying you don't like communism? It sounds like you do. What I am suggesting is that you fill your boots with it if you love it so much.

  6. #136
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,171
    Zim just being an observer and doing the right thing calling the Police, he had done is social duty, but as soon as he left the car (when it was not required), he became the aggressor. Without this aggression, the incident would not of happened.
    Therefore some level of responsibility has to be placed on Zim.

  7. #137
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    What justice was being done before Zimmerman was finally charged with a crime? You accuse others of wanting a public lynching while supporting someone who performed a personal execution. Whose justice are you so concerned with?

    If Zimmerman is not guilty of having caused Martin's death without having been the reason for the physical altercation that resulted in Zimmerman shooting Martin, then so be it. Why should Zimmerman not have to show responsibility for his actions, especially when his actions resulted in the death of an American teenager who prior to coming into contact with Zimmerman was doing nothing illegal?

    It sounds more like those who support Zimmerman not having to show responsibility for his actions are the ones who oppose justice.....for some...
    From the evidence or lack there of, Martin is responsible for his own death. He gave Zimmerman a beating. There is no evidence that shows Zimmerman confronted or assaulted Martin only speculation which in my view is pretty weak.

    Short of any further evidence I don't see him being convicted of anything.

  8. #138
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    I believe the ear witness you are referring to is the girlfriend..right?

    After the phone went dead, did she call 911? Did she call Trayvon's parents? Did she call anyone?...hmmm

    Something seems very fishy with the girlfriend. I suspect this like much of the other media hype will come unraveled.

    I think we are going to learn a lot more about Trayvon, his girlfriend and his parents if this goes to trial. I'm betting it won't.
    All good points. It will be interesting to see just what "evidence" does show up and which of it is deemed relevant or accurate.


    Just a point though, most youth, especially minority youth, are not real inclined to ever call the police for any reason. In fact, I instructed my boys to never involve the police with anything before contacting me first.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  9. #139
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    985
    [QUOTE=.....for some...[/QUOTE]

    What is it with you? You're sounding more and more like Al Sharpton. Just because many of us just don't see compelling evidence to convict Zimmerman does not make us racists.

    I would say the same thing if Zimmerman was black and Martin was white. All other details being equal, wannabe thug meets wannabe cop.

  10. #140
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    From the evidence or lack there of, Martin is responsible for his own death. He gave Zimmerman a beating. There is no evidence that shows Zimmerman confronted or assaulted Martin only speculation which in my view is pretty weak.

    Short of any further evidence I don't see him being convicted of anything.
    How do you know that Martin gave Zimmerman a beating? Because a known liar says that is what happened? Because that known liar had injuries that could have been done in ways other then by getting a beating from Martin? By Martin having scraped knuckles that could have been scraped on the ground after Zimmerman pushed him to the ground?

    This is why a trial is needed. There are ways to weed some of this stuff out if they are at least questioned and studied by those who can better put the pieces together.

    It may turn out that Zimmerman is telling it exactly as it is and the evidence will indicate that and Zimmerman will go free.

    So why are some so afraid of this trial?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #141
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    Oh please, you wreak of pacifist.I am not , but what wrong would it be If I were. Does the New Testament not promote pasifism As if a "guy" like you would have supported a war with Russia or China and the total nuclear annihilation that would certainly go with it.
    How would you know what a guy like me would support.

    I don't need you to give me anything. Are you saying you don't like communism? It sounds like you do. What I am suggesting is that you fill your boots with it if you love it so much.
    Do I like communism????, the idea has merits, practically can not work, so yes and no to your answer.
    My Boots are full of my arse kicking feet, so no room for anything else.
    Pity you do not want me to give anything, I was going to give you a big hug, as it seems you missed out on a bit of loving.

  12. #142
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,923
    Quote Originally Posted by cool-in-cayman View Post
    What is it with you? You're sounding more and more like Al Sharpton. Just because many of us just don't see compelling evidence to convict Zimmerman does not make us racists.

    I would say the same thing if Zimmerman was black and Martin was white. All other details being equal, wannabe thug meets wannabe cop.
    I'm sorry, I don't see where I stated anything whatsoever about race. I was actually thinking more along the lines of class when I typed that. It just seems that there is a class distinction attitude with those who feel that Zimmerman is so above the law that he does not even have to account for murdering someone after he hunted them down for not passing Zimmerman's idea of what someone should act or look like.

    We have a person with a history of violence and lying who is on medications that promotes violence, carrying a gun, who stalks an unarmed kid (Zimmerman's words) for looking suspicious, even after he is told by police authorities that they do not need him to continue following the kid who was at that time out of sight....killing that kid. Is there nothing in this scenario that makes those of you saying that Zimmerman should not have to go on trial that raises concerns for you?
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #143
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,824
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Do I like communism????, the idea has merits, practically can not work, so yes and no to your answer.
    My Boots are full of my arse kicking feet, so no room for anything else.
    Pity you do not want me to give anything, I was going to give you a big hug, as it seems you missed out on a bit of loving.
    Im sure Cayman prefers indoor plumbing and wants no hugs from you!
    "Politicians are the lowest form of life on Earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician"

    - General George S. Patton

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event