View Poll Results: With what you know now how would you decide

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder 2

    6 11.76%
  • Guilty of Manslaughter

    11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

    4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

    30 58.82%
Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 189

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,611

    Poll Zimmerman "Guilty Beyond a Reasonable Doubt"

    If all you had to decide this case is what you have heard so far could you or would you convict Zimmerman of a crime? Just assume there will be no more "evidence or facts" presented and the case has gone to the jury and you are on it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,611
    Personally I feel that the criteria of "beyond a reasonable doubt" is a big hurdle for the prosecution in this case. I see no "solid" evidence that Zimmerman was not attacked by Martin and used deadly force only to prevent himself from being seriously injured or killed.

    Their is of course speculation that this was not the case and accusations of lying etc. but no evidence that I have seen where you could convict Zimmerman of any crime beyond a resonable doubt, regardless how you feel about Zimmerman or this case. I just hope that actually have solid evidence to the contrary or this is just a big waste of tax payers money to appease basically a mob calling for Zimmerman's head. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,951
    Agreed Glenn!
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

    Theodore Roosevelt

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,385
    If you can get a manslaughter charge for using poor judgment as in a drinking and driving death, this guy also used poor judgment that resulted in a death. He is also an unreliable witness that has perjured himself, has a history of aggression and being a wanna-be cop.

    This has poor judgment from being a wanna-be cop written all over it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If you can get a manslaughter charge for using poor judgment as in a drinking and driving death, this guy also used poor judgment that resulted in a death. He is also an unreliable witness that has perjured himself, has a history of aggression and being a wanna-be cop.

    This has poor judgment from being a wanna-be cop written all over it.
    Poor judgement does not prevent you from using a gun to save your self from being beatin to death. There is no law against using poor judgement period. DUI is not comparable.

    There it is ruled that if you drink enough to be legally drunk you have broken a law. Then if you kill someone in the process of breaking that law then you can be charged with manslaughter. Very simple. Nice try though. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,385
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Poor judgement does not prevent you from using a gun to save your self from being beatin to death. There is no law against using poor judgement period. DUI is not comparable.

    There it is ruled that if you drink enough to be legally drunk you have broken a law. Then if you kill someone in the process of breaking that law then you can be charged with manslaughter. Very simple. Nice try though. Thank you, thank you very much
    Very wrong on both counts.

    Poor judgment gets you into situations that you will be held responsible for. Example; running with the wrong crowd during the commission of THEIR crime. If poor judgment got him into that situation, he is responsible for what ensued.

    Other point: It is unconstitutional to be found guilty of a crime because you were guilty of another unrelated offense.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Very wrong on both counts.

    Poor judgment gets you into situations that you will be held responsible for. Example; running with the wrong crowd during the commission of THEIR crime. If poor judgment got him into that situation, he is responsible for what ensued.

    Other point: It is unconstitutional to be found guilty of a crime because you were guilty of another unrelated offense.
    Funny that is a lot more than poor judgment that is participating in a crime and you are held guilty. Now everyone is guilty of poor judgement every day and they aren't arrested for that. Nearly everyone who commits a crime can be considered using poor judgement. Let's get real.

    Second comment is equally wrong and way off. It is a crime to discharge a firearm within a 100 yards of a public road in Georgia. If in the process of doing that you shot someone even accidentally you can be charged for manslaughter instead of accidentally killing someone like in a hunting accident and maybe a misdemeanor charge of negligent homicide. Where did you get your law degree at there Brian? I rest my case. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    This dude is guilty of defending himself in a PC run amuk world. That's what I see. We were'nt there, but it seems this "kid" bit off more than he could chew. And won't do it again.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,536
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    This dude is guilty of defending himself in a PC run amuk world. That's what I see. We were'nt there, but it seems this "kid" bit off more than he could chew. And won't do it again.
    Amen
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    This dude is guilty of defending himself in a PC run amuk world. That's what I see. We were'nt there, but it seems this "kid" bit off more than he could chew. And won't do it again.
    Hell, let's just kill em all then....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,611
    Well so far it is 52% not guilty and has been above 50% since the poll started. Looks like the majority of "Americans" would vote not guilty because there is reasonable doubt that he is guilty of anything other than defending himself. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,944
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well so far it is 52% not guilty and has been above 50% since the poll started. Looks like the majority of "Americans" would vote not guilty because there is reasonable doubt that he is guilty of anything other than defending himself. Thank you, thank you very much
    Since when is justice a majority ruling? This is completely worthless. Here, let me make this thread worthwhile;
    .
    .

    .
    If you don't think you can salute this flag;
    .
    .
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    Since when is justice a majority ruling? This is completely worthless. Here, let me make this thread worthwhile;
    .
    .

    .
    If you don't think you can salute this flag;
    .
    .
    If I saw that, I would not be think about saluting, I would be thinking how could I get that on to my flag pole.

Page 1 of 9 12345678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event