• Guilty of Manslaughter

11 21.57%
  • Guilty of involuntary manslaughter

4 7.84%
  • Not Guilty

30 58.82%
Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast

Poll Zimmerman "Guilty Beyond a Reasonable Doubt"

If all you had to decide this case is what you have heard so far could you or would you convict Zimmerman of a crime? Just assume there will be no more "evidence or facts" presented and the case has gone to the jury and you are on it. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Personally I feel that the criteria of "beyond a reasonable doubt" is a big hurdle for the prosecution in this case. I see no "solid" evidence that Zimmerman was not attacked by Martin and used deadly force only to prevent himself from being seriously injured or killed.

Their is of course speculation that this was not the case and accusations of lying etc. but no evidence that I have seen where you could convict Zimmerman of any crime beyond a resonable doubt, regardless how you feel about Zimmerman or this case. I just hope that actually have solid evidence to the contrary or this is just a big waste of tax payers money to appease basically a mob calling for Zimmerman's head. Thank you, thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

Agreed Glenn!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

If you can get a manslaughter charge for using poor judgment as in a drinking and driving death, this guy also used poor judgment that resulted in a death. He is also an unreliable witness that has perjured himself, has a history of aggression and being a wanna-be cop.

This has poor judgment from being a wanna-be cop written all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    If you can get a manslaughter charge for using poor judgment as in a drinking and driving death, this guy also used poor judgment that resulted in a death. He is also an unreliable witness that has perjured himself, has a history of aggression and being a wanna-be cop.

This has poor judgment from being a wanna-be cop written all over it.
    Poor judgement does not prevent you from using a gun to save your self from being beatin to death. There is no law against using poor judgement period. DUI is not comparable.

There it is ruled that if you drink enough to be legally drunk you have broken a law. Then if you kill someone in the process of breaking that law then you can be charged with manslaughter. Very simple. Nice try though. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Poor judgement does not prevent you from using a gun to save your self from being beatin to death. There is no law against using poor judgement period. DUI is not comparable.

There it is ruled that if you drink enough to be legally drunk you have broken a law. Then if you kill someone in the process of breaking that law then you can be charged with manslaughter. Very simple. Nice try though. Thank you, thank you very much
    Very wrong on both counts.

Poor judgment gets you into situations that you will be held responsible for. Example; running with the wrong crowd during the commission of THEIR crime. If poor judgment got him into that situation, he is responsible for what ensued.

Other point: It is unconstitutional to be found guilty of a crime because you were guilty of another unrelated offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Very wrong on both counts.

Poor judgment gets you into situations that you will be held responsible for. Example; running with the wrong crowd during the commission of THEIR crime. If poor judgment got him into that situation, he is responsible for what ensued.

Other point: It is unconstitutional to be found guilty of a crime because you were guilty of another unrelated offense.
    Funny that is a lot more than poor judgment that is participating in a crime and you are held guilty. Now everyone is guilty of poor judgement every day and they aren't arrested for that. Nearly everyone who commits a crime can be considered using poor judgement. Let's get real.

Second comment is equally wrong and way off. It is a crime to discharge a firearm within a 100 yards of a public road in Georgia. If in the process of doing that you shot someone even accidentally you can be charged for manslaughter instead of accidentally killing someone like in a hunting accident and maybe a misdemeanor charge of negligent homicide. Where did you get your law degree at there Brian? I rest my case. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

This dude is guilty of defending himself in a PC run amuk world. That's what I see. We were'nt there, but it seems this "kid" bit off more than he could chew. And won't do it again.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    This dude is guilty of defending himself in a PC run amuk world. That's what I see. We were'nt there, but it seems this "kid" bit off more than he could chew. And won't do it again.
    Amen
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Hell, let's just kill em all then....
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Well so far it is 52% not guilty and has been above 50% since the poll started. Looks like the majority of "Americans" would vote not guilty because there is reasonable doubt that he is guilty of anything other than defending himself. Thank you, thank you very much
    Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    And let God sort them out?
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Quote Originally Posted by RoBoTeq View Post
    See thats the thing , im sure you have the best intentions , but people today are bad.
    The kid had issues , zimmerman had issues.
    One of them is dead , thats it.
    The media should be ashamed and so should obummer for playing that card , kinda squashed any justice , just like the oj trial.

Any time that card is played the issue becomes septic , and justice will not be found.
    Ever.
    You sure are cocky for a starving pilgrim.

Page 1 of 15 1234567811 ... LastLast