We had a Lennox XP19 HP installed. We love it so far & has been doing a great job on keeping us cool... but how can I tell what stage it is running in? This was a question I was going to ask the installer, but unfortunately I was out of town when it was installed.

So far, it seems to always sound about the same whether it is an 80deg day, or a 100deg day - very quiet! Not sure if it has just been running in 1st stage all this time - or if it has been running only in the 2nd stage so far.

We have the Lennox Elite (Honeywell VisionPro) 3-Heat/2-Cool digital touch screen Thermostat.

Originally posted by battleground_bluto
    We had a Lennox XP19 HP installed. We love it so far & has been doing a great job on keeping us cool... but how can I tell what stage it is running in? This was a question I was going to ask the installer, but unfortunately I was out of town when it was installed.

So far, it seems to always sound about the same whether it is an 80deg day, or a 100deg day - very quiet! Not sure if it has just been running in 1st stage all this time - or if it has been running only in the 2nd stage so far.

We have the Lennox Elite (Honeywell VisionPro) 3-Heat/2-Cool digital touch screen Thermostat.
    Turn the t-stat down 4'F
    and confirm 2nd stage by
    watching your house watt-meter run circles faster.
    Designer Dan
    It's Not Rocket Science, But It is SCIENCE with "Some Art". ___ ___ K EEP I T S IMPLE & S INCERE

Define the Building Envelope and Perform a Detailed Load Calc: It's ALL About Windows and Make-up Air Requirements. Know Your Equipment Capabilities

Its very hard to hear the difference in speeds on the Lennox 2 speeds. Why do you want to know which speed its in? If you had the Lennox Signature stat it would show you.

Did you have a new variable speed lennox variable speed furnace or air handler installed as well? If so, you can look at the control board on the furnace, and it will blink 1 time for every 100 cfm the blower is moving. So, if you have a 2 speed, it might move 1200 on first stage, and them 1600 on second hypothetically, so first stage it will blink 12 times then pause, and do it again, second it will blink 16.

should be able to hear indoor blower kick up in speed when 2nd stage comes on.