I want to run the blower during hot days (furnace is in the cooler bsmt) My thermostat does not have a fan setting just 2 wires connected to R and W terminals. Can I run a jumper between R and G to turn on the fan?

Anyone? I tried jumping the R and G but the fan does not come on. It's hot as hell here.

I will be speaking on behalf of the "Pros Forum"

Please call your local service company

Originally posted by martik
    I want to run the blower during hot days (furnace is in the cooler bsmt) My thermostat does not have a fan setting just 2 wires connected to R and W terminals. Can I run a jumper between R and G to turn on the fan?
    What kind of furnace is it? Gas? if so what kind of a fan/limit switch is it?(some have a push/pull or a slide switch that will put the fan into manual on mode)
    I assume R & W terminals are on the thermostate and the R & G terminals are on the furnace.Are the terminals on the furnace in a terminal block with wires coming off the back or are the terminal a part of a circut board?
    IcyFlame

Tech 91 G191BU gas condensing just installed this year. The terminal block on the PCB has 5 terminals marked R C W Y G. This is no fan limit switch

It works! I was expecting the fan to come on immediately but had to wait a few secs for it to startup after turning on the safety switch. I guess it needs to run thru some self diagnostic on power up.