HOBO Data Logger Calibration

I have a many HOBO data loggers, model type U12-013, and I noticed that the internal 10k thermistor is suspect in comparison to the two plug in thermistors.

My question is, can these data loggers be calibrated? By Hoboware, if so, how is this done with software? Or sending them to Onset, if so, how long does this take and is it cost effective (i.e. should I just buy a new logger)?

HOBO logger Model:
    onsetcomp.com/products/data-loggers/u12-013

Thank you

Hobo Data Loggers

Quote Originally Posted by mtovar View Post
    I have a many HOBO data loggers, model type U12-013, and I noticed that the internal 10k thermistor is suspect in comparison to the two plug in thermistors.

My question is, can these data loggers be calibrated? By Hoboware, if so, how is this done with software? Or sending them to Onset, if so, how long does this take and is it cost effective (i.e. should I just buy a new logger)?

HOBO logger Model:
    onsetcomp.com/products/data-loggers/u12-013

Thank you
    Hi Mtovar,

The U12-013 is not designed to be calibrated. The thermistor should live within the published specs by Onset. How old are your loggers?

I do know some folks are required to have their loggers NIST tested and will send them in to Onset annually to have them tested. But the loggers are not designed to be calibrated.

Hope this helps,

Tesno