Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philstanley1 View Post
    qwerty havc.... i would like to pick your brain....i'm the type of perosn that wants to know WHY not just replace it

philstanley1@frontier.com
    Split systems are designed to work in conjunction with each other. The evap coil that you are using does not have enough service area to properly transfer the heat from the air passing over the coil to the refrigerant. Also is that evap coil clean? It probably
    Isn't and that will reduce your airflow even more. Like others have posted you will not be getting proper superheat and it will cause premature failure of your compressor. That could also be why the old compressor failed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Join http://scopeny.org/ Shooter’s Committee on Political Education

The world is full of sheep,try not to join the flock.

Support the Skilled Trades, Don't DIY

tackerdown.... hydroponic coils? ahem

maybe i am missing something after 10 years... l

Quote Originally Posted by philstanley1 View Post
    tackerdown.... hydroponic coils? ahem
    I don't know either lol.

I think he meant hydronic coil in the air handler. (hot water forced air heating) you said earlier it was a "hydro" unit. If that coil is impacted in any way that could effect air flow across the evaporator coil.

qwerty.. tell me why... why did it work 10 times and not this one....lucky i guess?

hppro.... i know thats what he meant... just messin-round

seems to be parts-changin-hackin-wackers here

Yeah the, what the heii did I say hydroponic coil, yeah that's it, you know. I meant hydro

where did you see those parts-changin- hackin-wackers in here just because we keep our trucks fully stocked doesn't mean we are parts changers. I know i have one of those temp. readers and electrical readers in my truck to somewhere. that temp reader even works good for that SH, SC thing to :v)

Did u change liquid line dryer

You said you added a few ounces when you started the system why? What did you base that decision on? Hopefully you calculated your lineset length with the od of your liquid line. What size is the lineset I am guessing 1/4 inch liquid line 5/8 suction line or did you replace the line set with the approriate size and how long exactly is the lineset. Was this compressor a burn out or mechanical failure (locked rotor) for your sake I am praying mechanical. If it was a burn out did you take the proper measures for system clean up (triple evac means nothing if you missed a bunch of steps before and after that on a clean up). Is the evaporator above or below the condenser? Did you observe the evaporator while the system is running? Are some of the distributors freezing after the meter device or all of the them or are they not freezing and the coil is iced in the middle but not at the top or bottom? Did you check the screen if there was one before the metering device? I doubt you have a dirty filter or dirty indoor coils because your superheat is high and there is a load on the outdoor unit (airflow problem most likely not the root problem). If you did have air restrictions yes your lowside pressures would be low but your superheat would also be low not 25. If I had to take a stab at it in the dark provided you installed the correct amount of refrigerant I would have to say you have a partial restriction in the evaporator. Either a few blocked distributors or all or oil logged evaporator both reasons why the compressor most likely took a dump in the first place. I understand your probably getting frustrated with this problem but don't be a box changer that just causes added aggravation, time spent and money lost.

Verify why compressor died and there is the answer

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast