Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    missed the major part... sorry.... never claimed that

pressure is pressure
    vacuum is vacuum

never shall the 2 meet

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Assuming this is a dry ship R-22 unit you installed, did you open the service valves before evacuating and remove the nitrogen the unit was shipped with, or did you just evacuate the refrigerant lines and open up the service valves?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

mark beiser... dry ship.... and triple vac ( i actually use the free nitrogen to blow out my gauges )

qwerty hvac.... please allow me to pick your brain at some point. i understand its probably mismatched.... but i have replaced at least 10 cond. units for this customer, and 3 cdxq units. all have worked well together. so why is this one not? it's going to get replaced (cdxq). but i am the type of person that wants to know why this particular unit won't cooperate. why? not that it just doesn't.

I think what u were trying to ask was, for example if u had a pinhole in a solder joint and that hole was plugged with crud or wrapped with insulation or something, the hole could be plugged while under vacuum, but the crud blows out when u pressurize the line, therefore creating the leak. ??? Possible but unlikely. I think what you r hearing is the refer flowing and boiling off. JMO..

ottawaair.... but WHY would it stabilize at 49 and 178 ....some wold say.... undercharge... not in this case...

If you want to know why it doesn't work your going to provide allot more info on operating conditions. all the standard stuff.

qwerty havc.... i would like to pick your brain....i'm the type of perosn that wants to know WHY not just replace it

philstanley1@frontier.com

is the compressor running when you have those readings? If so those arent stabilzed pressures, that is your pressure differential your running compressor is creating. If you took super heat and sub cooling you would see the states of your refrigerant in the system, if i had to guess I would imagine you have high sub cooling meaning you have liquid refrigerant backing into the condenser and high super heat meaning your evaporator coil is starving. If your subcooling is high i doubt the system is undercharged.... You need more readings there is no anwser untill you get them.

why is 49 and 178 bad pressures? is really cold and damp inside is the coil clogged for the hydroponic coil or indoor coil. I know its blowing like the wind, as was stated before sh,sc, it tells you what is happening. blockage maybe. is it hot out or maybe a blocked cond. coil, giving you a higher head pressure than need be. more info

Refrigerant returning on the suction line cools the compressor, if you starving your evaporator your not returning the proper volume of vapor refrigerant and that will over heat a compressor and at some point cause it to fail, you started off by saying you replaced the unit due to a failed compressor. I would also guess that old compressor failed for a reason, and it could be because of the problem you are seeing now. But with out the additional technical data its all guess work..

dry was 85 degrees
    cond unit new
    superheat never got below 25 .... add a few z's r22 superheat went down then went back to 25 ( same exact pressures)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast