Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Homeowners - HVAC enthusiasts, Don't bother with this forum

Post Likes
    Hell, I run into several engineers a month, mostly from 3M.

Nice people. And if they don't know anything about their hvac equipment, they will tell me and are more than willing to learn about it. Nice to explain something to someone and know that they understand just what you are talking about.

Wish 3M would quit pushing those purple pleated filters tho. They get 'em cheap at the 3M store. Most furnace blowers can't handle the extra restriction or the forgetful leave them in too long.

Had a midnite no heat call one night. 3M engineer's unit.
    We sat and talked while I replaced a 3M filter and the limit. He educated me on some things I was unsure of and I did the same concerning his furnace. Ended up doing a total tune up; I was tired from a long day and night and that call seemed to have awakened me or invigorated me.

Sometimes, some calls are just those you never forget. Hopefully, like this one, good ones.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by Jultzya
    I knew I should have included a disclaimer...

"Sorry in advance to all the Engineers that are not Arrogant, Egotistical Idiots"
    I have yet to meet one that isn't.
    "We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by jeff9329
    It's just about worthless for learning anything.

Any forum where you can't discuss techical issues and costs, what's the point?

Also many of the "professionals" on this board know less than me, a typical homeowner.

Worthless.
    I tried taking my own steak to the restaurant, and those bastards wouldn't cook it for me at a discount! WORTHLESS!

"We always fix it right the second time".

All posts are strictly my opinions and not those of my employer. I cannot make statements on behalf of my employer.

All advice posted by me is for educational purposes only, HVAC repairs should only be conducted by trained & qualified people.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by riderman
    dachipsta

Jeesh, I thought that was my job last week. I proudly hand you the torch my friend. This is a rough crowd....

Only if one asketh for abuse, they shall receiveth if one deserveth thowest rath.................out
    l8r

Post Likes
    hey jeff no one said you had to come here and to be honest I dont anyone wants your kind here. If your such a pro or new as much as a pro did you probably wouldnt be on here in the resi section asking questions you should already know makes sense to me that you would be in the pros forum.I find guys like you who think they know everything actually know the least im pretty sure some of the homeowners on here could take you too school thats what I think. Maybe genius you could start your own forum for people who think they know alot and are really just idiots you know like madd or somthing but for people who are against hvac professionals I bet you could find alot of people to cry and bellyache with for everytime they didnt get their way

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in