Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Manometer - Opinions?

Hi All,

I'm looking for a digital differential pressure manometer. Any suggestions on good ones and ones to avoid?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by speckledflounder View Post
    Hi All,

I'm looking for a digital differential pressure manometer. Any suggestions on good ones and ones to avoid?

Thanks.
    testo 510. It's a good one.

I've been using the Fieldpiece one, seems to work well enough. I do have to 'zero' it out as it warms up or cools down if I want it to be as accurate as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post

That's a good one. Just be careful with it, they can't take rough handling. I like mine.

Rugged and tough

I like my tools to be like me................rugged.

Some Talk, Some Do
    "keeping condensing pressures low and evaporator pressures high"
    "Some customers are more interested in comfort than energy savings"
    Blog
    Web
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by hvacrmedic View Post

Dwyer makes good Manometers

I like the testo 510 had mine for a little over a year and works great even reads pascal.

ive got the supco dual port mano. sold at united.. Works good for me, but i dont use it much, maybe 4 times in the last 3 months
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

i have a uei single port. bought it for gas service and got couple of test probes to use it for static readings too

Cool working under pressure

Test 510 or Dwyer 477 for my front line units.

All those aneroid YJ-type don't hold calibration. Even a Dwyer Magnahelic can get to the point it won't calibrate and it has a screw adj. The UEI is rugged and cheap and it works well right up until its death.

I find the manometer in my combustion analyzer unreliable (Bach. FRP125)

I always have a water manometer for incident investigations since they are lab accurate and I check my digitals against it periodically on both the high and low end.

For depressurization testing, I use a Energy Conservatory digital micromanometer that reads in tenths of one Pascal with time averaging and get it calibrated annually.

For draft testing, I put my old Backarach black box on the shelf and use the Dwyer 460, which is cheap, light, compact and accurate.

I use Dwyer tips for static pressure and a telescoping pitot tube. For testing pressure switches I have a variety of barbed hose fittings and adapters.

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed

" mine works fine""

for all of you that say your manometer is"fine" i have to ask, how do you know??

i ask a lot of techs this about manometers, thermometers, homemade static tips etc.....

most respond " because it works".

i only bring this up so people know how important it is to regularly calibrate your test equipment.

water u-tube, most accurate and reliable manometer out there ( that is for a certain pressure range of course)

an ice cube can be colder than 32'. you need an ice slury with no extra water to be as accurate as possible.

cheers
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

worth reading...
    --------------
    Measurement of Pressure with the Manometer

Pressure is defined as a force per unit area - and the most accurate way to measure low air pressure is to balance a column of liquid of known weight against it and measure the height of the liquid column so balanced. The units of measure commonly used are inches of mercury (in. Hg), using mercury as the fluid and inches of water (in. w.c.), using water or oil as the fluid.

Fig. 2-1. In its simplest form the manometer is a U-tube about half filled with liquid. With both ends of the tube open, the liquid is at the same height in each leg.

http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Products/M...troduction.cfm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast