+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kitchen exhaust hood install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

Kitchen exhaust hood install

Hey guys never done a total install on a hood. Usually just service and replace equipment as needed. I have a account that needs everything new due to the addition of new equipment. The hood has just a gas oven under it. Who do i talk to to determine if i need fire system in the hood, i have a hood company sizing everything for me .Just not sure if theres anything special i need to do?

Thanks

Post Likes
    You don't have to yank the entire hood. Most hood manufacturers will cell you the base, motor, speed control and impeller as one assembly.
    Think they call it a power pack ? Could be wrong about the nomenclature but the power assembly is avaialble and cheaper than a hood replacement.
    Just did two for our ONLY restaurant. Makes it so much easier.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by commtech77 View Post
    You don't have to yank the entire hood. Most hood manufacturers will cell you the base, motor, speed control and impeller as one assembly.
    Think they call it a power pack ? Could be wrong about the nomenclature but the power assembly is avaialble and cheaper than a hood replacement.
    Just did two for our ONLY restaurant. Makes it so much easier.
    The hood is way to small, the exhaust fan is undersized and there's no make up air

Post Likes
    Can't think of anything else on the mech side... you have the make up air for the hood? Are you replacing the duct work? Bigger hood means more CFM through your exhaust ducts. There is also some code for access panels for cleaning if you do have new ducts.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hcong View Post
    Can't think of anything else on the mech side... you have the make up air for the hood? Are you replacing the duct work? Bigger hood means more CFM through your exhaust ducts. There is also some code for access panels for cleaning if you do have new ducts.
    The set up thats there is so far gone it all needs to go and start from scratch

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yotaman16 View Post
    Yeah, I did a job recently where the owner of a resturant put in a new combi-oven and exhaust hood. The city required them to get a mechanical engineer to make sure the make up air and existing package unit on the roof could handle the air being exhausted (more outside air = more cooling and heating load).

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by yotaman16 View Post
    Call your local building inspector/codes enforcement. They will have guidelines for you to follow. Then you will know what you need to do.
    "I aint going to spit on 30 years of my life" Monte Walsh

Post Likes
    We purchase all of our hoods that we install from Captive Aire. Get the list of equipment, the layout, length of duct and amount of turns and call them. They will size the complete proper system for you. They also have listed grease duct that does not need welding. If fire suppression is required they will add it to the system and a local company will connect and test that part of it. It's the only way to go in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in